Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (OT) What does the Party Leader Board really mean? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404669)

Eevee 12-24-2005 04:14 PM

(OT) What does the Party Leader Board really mean?

So i was just browsing the the leaderboard for this week and month and I saw a couple names that really surprised me. These were players that I had played against in the 109s (small sample) and 33s. Without naming names, I have seen these players make some atrocious plays IMO. Most likely, they are probly winning players, but i suspect that by barely. So what percent of players on the leaderboard do you think are actually "good" players as opposed to players that just put in ALOT of hours?

-EV

Current Music: Christmas Carols

The4Aces 12-24-2005 04:35 PM

Re: (OT) What does the Party Leader Board really mean?

They play alot

ZBTHorton 12-24-2005 04:44 PM

You are not penalized for finishing OTM a whole bunch, but you are given points for finishing 1st and 2nd, so obviously they play alot.

But, on the other hand, almost every person I've played against in the top100, I consider to be very above average.

handsome 12-24-2005 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But, on the other hand, almost every person I've played against in the top100, I consider to be very above average.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh, that's not saying much.

Eevee, you obviously don't come here much.. there have been a couple of threads re: Party's TLB in recent weeks. The general consensus is that they play a shitload.

ZBTHorton 12-24-2005 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eevee, you obviously don't come here much.. there have been a couple of threads re: Party's TLB in recent weeks. The general consensus is that they play a shitload.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is that not saying much? I sit down at a 55 and see Tabias and fischenstein. I consider them well above average players, and will play accordingly.

LesJ 12-24-2005 05:58 PM

I had a pop-up tell me last weekend that I had cracked the Top 400, so the criterea must not be that stringent. I have been playing alot, however (mostly lower limits).
Les

handsome 12-24-2005 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is that not saying much? I sit down at a 55 and see Tabias and fischenstein. I consider them well above average players, and will play accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I meant was that saying certain players are above average does not say much about their skill, since the "average" player is a pretty bad player, and also a losing player. Didn't mean to offend you. If you need further explanation PM me.

ZBTHorton 12-24-2005 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What I meant was that saying certain players are above average does not say much about their skill, since the "average" player is a pretty bad player, and also a losing player. Didn't mean to offend you. If you need further explanation PM me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha..no biggie. I just read it different. Merry Christmas bro.

EasilyFound 12-24-2005 06:27 PM

For a long time, I've been stuck at 7002. I just can't crack into 6k.

good2cu 12-24-2005 07:00 PM

Well I'm #18 on the party leaderboard and have played about 500 55s and 500 100s for a 5% ROI. And 30 200s for 30%. Sad that i made as much money in 1000 tourneys as i did in 30 =/. So basically party leaderboard = 8 tabling 5 hours a day.