Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Psychology (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Dating a Japanese Girl (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391968)

12-05-2005 04:37 PM

Dating a Japanese Girl

I'm a caucasion American in college and my new girlfriend is Japanese -- she's here for college and has been here about 5 years. I made her my girlfriend but neither of us are really sure what that means. Anyway I like her and I'm pretty sure she likes me, but she's very cautious when it comes to relationships. I think this has to do with her being a traditional Japanese girl. So, to make a long story short, she always wants to spend time with me but I can't get physical with her at all. I'm embarrassed to say that after 3 weeks of dating the most I've done was kiss her on the cheek. Am I wrong for wanting too much too soon?

The thing is, she is a quality girl and I like that - I could dump her and get a girl who would be easier, but she wouldn't be of the same pedigree. But the problem is I can't let this go on forever and I don't want a platonic relationship.

Any general advice or information on Japanese customs would be appreciated. I'll post more details upon request.

soko 12-05-2005 05:20 PM

Re: Dating a Japanese Girl

[ QUOTE ]
I could dump her and get a girl who would be easier

[/ QUOTE ]
Right

[ QUOTE ]
but she wouldn't be of the same pedigree.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wrong

Jinx 12-05-2005 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm embarrassed to say that after 3 weeks of dating the most I've done was kiss her on the cheek. Am I wrong for wanting too much too soon?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you are a monster for wanting a kiss on the lips before you've married her for 3 years. What did you think she was a [censored]?

[ QUOTE ]
The thing is, she is a quality girl and I like that - I could dump her and get a girl who would be easier,

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you really? You have spent 3 weeks on a girl who won't kiss you.

soko 12-05-2005 05:32 PM

In all seriousness take a step back and look at what you're doing.

You're in a relationship.

Instead of telling her what you want, you're telling internet strangers.

You're never going to get what you want from us, you have to tell her, this is what I want, if I can't get it from you, i'm gonna get it from her.

As much as the "nice guys" hate to admit it, you don't get what you want from a girl by asking, you get it by telling.

Solami17 12-05-2005 05:52 PM

Go out and get some for goodness sake...you sound like the horniest guy in America

DalaiLama 12-05-2005 06:10 PM

Subscribe to pbtv for 6 months while you gain her trust. Make it apparent that you want to be more physical. Reassess the situation in a couple of months and proceed as necessary. You're relationship sounds very innocent at this point, so I think you're free to pursue other strange on the side. hth

12-05-2005 06:17 PM

Turn yourself into a giant tentacle monster.

Colonel Kataffy 12-05-2005 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this has to do with her being a traditional Japanese girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression easy kinky sex was the custom with Japanese girls. Time to rethink my summer in japan vacation plans [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

murellus 12-05-2005 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was under the impression easy kinky sex was the custom with Japanese girls. Time to rethink my summer in japan vacation plans [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

me too

12-05-2005 06:43 PM

You gotta be her oniichan first. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]