Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Why do you guys think the country is so divided? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=149558)

ThaSaltCracka 11-15-2004 10:04 PM

Why do you guys think the country is so divided?

what are the main issues, and why do you think they divide us so much?

daryn 11-15-2004 10:20 PM

Re: Why do you guys think the country is so divided?

the country should be divided. the US is big. different areas have different wants and needs.

ThaSaltCracka 11-15-2004 10:26 PM

yeah, but its seems like people disagree with each other a lot more lately. Just look at the recent election, Bush received the most votes ever, but Kerry also received the most votes ever for a loser. I just find that astounding. I personally think its because of the President and his stances on a lot of issues.

Note: I am not arguing that his stances are wrong, rather that they just lead to this polarization.

wacki 11-15-2004 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Note: I am not arguing that his stances are wrong, rather that they just lead to this polarization.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a disclaimer? We've been seeing alot of these lately.

ThaSaltCracka 11-15-2004 10:41 PM

I didn't want people to start arguing about his policies.

wacki 11-15-2004 10:45 PM

I know, it was a good move. I hope you will have better luck with your disclaimer.

lastchance 11-15-2004 10:51 PM

Yes, the President's stances do lead to polarization. He is that maniac LAG who will divide a country. One of his stances is the way he rebuffed the UN on the way to going to war in Iraq, people either saw that as genius or stupidity.

However, I also believe there is a difference in the way Liberals and Conservatives view the world, a difference in their ideology, so to speak, and that also contributes heavily.

You do not notice these differences much until a President very aggressively and almost exclusively supports one ideology over another.

My theory, anyway.

ThaSaltCracka 11-15-2004 10:55 PM

yeah I think the President has caused it, but what is surprising is how many people support him. He didn't alienate himself, he just alienated about half of America.

lastchance 11-15-2004 11:02 PM

Hey, you only need 51%.... Checks and balances are there for a reason though, especially the Judges, who are, right now, IMHO, probably one of the biggest impediments in Bush carrying out some of his policy.

daryn 11-16-2004 01:25 AM

this seems bogus. judges are supposed to interpret the constitution, and that's it. problems arise when judges try to legislate from the bench.