Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Why does one get soo many 3rds. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=349040)

nate_king1 10-02-2005 09:03 PM

Why does one get soo many 3rds.

Why are the reasons people get too many thirds and not enough 1st or 2nds.

pergesu 10-02-2005 09:06 PM

Re: Why does one get soo many 3rds.

You don't play well enough on the bubble and ITM

nate_king1 10-02-2005 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for such a well thought out response. Go away....People who like rappers are homos.

splashpot 10-02-2005 09:10 PM

Stupid questions will get stupid answers.

Karak567 10-02-2005 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nate_king1 10-02-2005 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks guys, I just thought this forums is to help, educate, and inform others of poker. I guess I'm wrong.

splashpot 10-02-2005 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks guys, I just thought this forums is to help, educate, and inform others of poker. I guess I'm wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
First of all, your statement isn't even true. People don't get more thirds than first and seconds. If it happens that your results end up this way, the only explination is exactly as pergesu said. Your ITM play sucks. There is no other explination. Your question was vague so the answer was vague.

pergesu 10-02-2005 09:20 PM

What do you want us to tell you? You asked how a person wouldn't get the results they want. This is because they're not playing in a way that will produce those results.

You might be playing too aggressively. You might be playing too passively. You might be too tight with your calls, or you might be too loose.

There's no diagnosis for "too many seconds and thirds." The only way is to actually analyze your play. Post some hands, tell us how you're playing...but don't ask questions that can't be answered satisfactorily to you.

mlagoo 10-02-2005 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for such a well thought out response. Go away....People who like rappers are homos.

[/ QUOTE ]

How could you possibly want a more detailed answer to such a vague question.

And then you went on to insult one of the posters in this forum who consistently gives advice and who is one of the more successful low limit posters on here.

Whatever, go to hell.

nate_king1 10-02-2005 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
First of all, your statement isn't even true. People don't get more thirds than first and seconds. If it happens that your results end up this way, the only explination is exactly as pergesu said. Your ITM play sucks. There is no other explination. Your question was vague so the answer was vague.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay does one generally want to take a coinflip ITM?( Where he can eliminate a player.) Or do you want to be in the lead, eg 70/30,60/40?