Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Out of the red. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=325171)

stupidsucker 08-29-2005 01:02 PM

Out of the red.

As many of you know I had hit a pretty deep slump.
Today marks a big day!

In late may I took a hit at the 55s losing 1k. Since then I dropped to the 22s, then the 11s, back to the 22s and back to the 11s... I have finally broken free from the hole I dug.

My last 100+ have been fair to me and my last 16 have been hot.

I am now up $12 since 5/21.
<font color="white">I would like to thank Jessica Alba for her desktop inspiration </font>

flytrap 08-29-2005 01:05 PM

Re: Out of the red.

Losing 1k at the 55s isn't that bad. Heck, it's not even 20 buy-ins. Sounds like you moved up a little fast if you were worried about a 1k downswing at the 55s. Perhaps your bankroll wasn't healthy enough for that level. Nice job turning it around, however. You should probably stay down there for a while, until you have a more than adequate bankroll to move up again.

citanul 08-29-2005 01:07 PM

congrats, on 8/26, i finally broke above where i was on 7/26 for the first time! solidarity hug.

citanul

45suited 08-29-2005 01:11 PM

Congrats, I think that by PM'ing you, your broken luckbox was transmitted to me via the internet.

I just had my first losing 20 game stretch on the 11s over my last 400 games. (Luckbox was goot before that. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] )

I'm down a whopping $50 over my last 40 games. I blame you for this! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Ixnert 08-29-2005 02:04 PM

Congrats, it's a great feeling. Just last night almost finished climbing out from a 2-day, 45-buyin cooler I had a couple weeks ago, been running white-hot for the last few days, now down $12 since 8/12...

SuitedSixes 08-29-2005 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am now up $12 since 5/21.
<font color="white">I would like to thank Jessica Alba for her desktop inspiration </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should go pro . . . I kid only because I can sympathize with the uncertainty of it all.

HighestCard 08-29-2005 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to thank Jessica Alba for her desktop inspiration

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice try sneaking that in there, but I could see how that is a good inspiration grinding out at the 11's, and finally getting up 12 dollars since may.

But now you must post the pic like Yugo. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

stupidsucker 08-29-2005 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Losing 1k at the 55s isn't that bad. Heck, it's not even 20 buy-ins. Sounds like you moved up a little fast if you were worried about a 1k downswing at the 55s. Perhaps your bankroll wasn't healthy enough for that level. Nice job turning it around, however. You should probably stay down there for a while, until you have a more than adequate bankroll to move up again.

[/ QUOTE ]

A reasonable assumption, but only half true.

I wasnt worried about a 1k downswing,
but thern I went on vacation
spent half my bankroll.

so I moved down to the 22s.

22s went poorly so I got stuck. I am aware that 20 buys at the 55s is no big deal. I had over a 5k BR when I was playing the 55s.

SuitedSixes 08-29-2005 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But now you must post the pic like Yugo. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone else get a little creeped out by Yugo's girl posts; knowing that they have probably already been "used?"

The Yugoslavian 08-29-2005 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

http://www.beautyhq.net/jessica_alba...ca_alba026.jpg

Yugoslav