Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   This line probably sucks, but I hate leading and folding to a raise (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401613)

HiatusOver 12-19-2005 09:01 PM

This line probably sucks, but I hate leading and folding to a raise

10-20 NL on Party

OK, the last hand I raised to 70 and everyone folded. This hand I open limp 2 off the button with 66. The button makes it 125 and I call. We both have about 1725 before the hand.

Flop comes 332 2 suits...I check he bets 225 and I make it 700, planning on folding to a push

diconoclastx 12-19-2005 09:08 PM

Re: This line probably sucks, but I hate leading and folding to a rais

raise pf
the way u played it fold pf to the raise
flop is player dependent but i tend to check call those who dont fire 2nd barrels

HiatusOver 12-19-2005 09:10 PM

So I can never open limp in MP in these games? I guess I can buy that. If I knew the guy didnt fire 2 barrels I would check call yes, didnt know that. Also arent I getting the price to flop a set?

greg nice 12-19-2005 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I can never open limp in MP in these games?

[/ QUOTE ]

stop trying to make rules. there are no rules.

James282 12-19-2005 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I can never open limp in MP in these games? I guess I can buy that. If I knew the guy didnt fire 2 barrels I would check call yes, didnt know that. Also arent I getting the price to flop a set?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you can. Raising is usually better though because it builds a pot with a hand that can stand heat when it connects and it gives you a much better chance to win a pot(that is bigger since you raised) on the flop.
-James

HiatusOver 12-19-2005 09:33 PM

Flop check-raise look OK to u? His overbet pre-flop made me think he was somewhat weak. Does that make sense?

turnipmonster 12-19-2005 09:35 PM

it's a good bluff

HiatusOver 12-19-2005 09:55 PM

Really I was bluffing? What better hand is he gonna fold? Maybe I really dont get this game. Isnt he gonna have 2 unpaired high cards a lot here?

greg nice 12-19-2005 10:04 PM

its a bluff because your hand is basically the same as 27off. you sure you are +ev in this game? why not learn NL at smaller stakes?

turnipmonster 12-19-2005 10:07 PM

right, but isn't the question how often he's going to call you with two unpaired high cards there? not very often, imo.

edit: occasionally it's good to make plays where you don't know if you are bluffing or not, usually then your opponents won't know either [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]