Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   OT: Party Points - a warning and a question about the swag. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=338113)

se2schul 09-16-2005 10:21 AM

OT: Party Points - a warning and a question about the swag.

So I decided to redeem some of my Party Points I've earned from SNGs for some swag. I got the Party Poker Hooded Sweatshirt, size XL. Pretty much all the shirts I own are XL and all the shorts I own are L.

I'm a big buy, 6 feet and 210 lbs. I workout daily. Anyway, the sweatshirt came, but it was too tight on the shoulders. No big deal, I can give it to the girlfriend. It'll be too big on her, but she'll like it anyways.

I decided to place another order for a XXL sweatshirt, and I also ordered the XXL Polo Shirt. Well, they came. The sweatshirt fit perfectly. The Polo shirt on the other hand was a disaster. It was HUGE. Not just a little too big, but absolutlely monsterous. The sleeves come half way between my elbows and my forearms, and the body is so big that 2 of me could easily fit inside it. Everyone that sees me in it laughs for about 5 minutes. Maybe I should've posted this in the "FatAss" thread, cause there's nothing I can do with that shirt unless I gain about 100 lbs.

Anyway, I just thought I'd warn people about the sizes. Sweatshirt XXL is not equal to polo XXL.

So, what size of polo shirt does a 210 lbs guy need? Small? Judging by the size of the XXL, I'm guessing that the XL is probably too big for me too. Has anyone ordered the XL? How big are you and how does it fit?

beetyjoose 09-16-2005 10:33 AM

Re: OT: Party Points - a warning and a question about the swag.

I'm not sure why, but for some reason I find this extremely funny.

Apathy 09-16-2005 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure why, but for some reason I find this extremely funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it because the OP seems geuninly concerned that he may not be able to impress his friends by wearing party gear of the appropriate size? 'Cause that cracked me up a little.

OP:

This stuff is not gold, it's free clothing that you can line your dog's bed with, rip up and use as rags, or donate to charity (That Polo could house a family of four).

se2schul 09-16-2005 10:42 AM

I should probably warn about the beach towels too.

These things are weird. I was hoping to use them as bath towels, but I just can't. The towel has weird pouches and handles so that you can kinda turn the towel inside out and it turns into a gay purse for the beach. My girlfriend, who collects purses found it so funny that I accidentally ordered this towel that turns into a purse. Now whenever I go anywhere with her, she always says: "Oh, ask Steve about his poker-man-purse" because she knows it bugs me.

Anyway, you may not want to get these unless you like carrying man purses to the beach. But who knows... maybe you're comfortable hanging junk like that in your bathroom.

networkman 09-16-2005 10:44 AM

Thanks for the info, I was just about to order a hoody. I'm 6'6' and about 16 stone (224 lbs) Guess I should forget it.

Hellmouth 09-16-2005 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the info, I was just about to order a hoody. I'm 6'6' and about 16 stone (224 lbs) Guess I should forget it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you a caveman? Why not just use a standard scale instead of stones? BTW who puts the stones on?

Greg

se2schul 09-16-2005 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think even the XXL sweatshirt would be too short for your build - it fits me perfectly and you have 6" more to cover vertically.

stupidsucker 09-16-2005 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you a caveman? Why not just use a standard scale instead of stones? BTW who puts the stones on?

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I stupid, or is the irony in this statement funny?
<font color="white"> you can chose only one</font>

stupidsucker 09-16-2005 12:53 PM

BTW, I would try writing party and asking them for another shirt.

Those shirts, hats, towels are all advertising for them....If they knew you would wear them, they would send you a full wardrobe for free. If you like it, wear it. Party would probably send you some stuff if you just ask. Just explain the situation and tell them you would love to wear some party gear.

1C5 09-16-2005 01:03 PM

why do you play sngs on party inthe 1st place?