Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   KQ, bluff turned value bet (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394045)

newhizzle 12-08-2005 06:02 AM

KQ, bluff turned value bet

villain is TAGish, 23/11/1.2 after 5 thousand hands or so, i think its mostly from mining, because as far as i can remember i dont really have any history with him or at least hes never done anything that stands out in my mind

Party Poker 100.00/200.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (7.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

daryn 12-08-2005 06:06 AM

Re: KQ, bluff turned value bet

it doesn't look to me like you're getting called by worse here. think about it, what could he put you on where he would call with worse? i think he folds a jack to your river bet.

sucks to be out of position

newhizzle 12-08-2005 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it doesn't look to me like you're getting called by worse here. think about it, what could he put you on where he would call with worse? i think he folds a jack to your river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you think check/call when the queen hits and bet when it dosent?

should the spades be a consideration?

you dont think if he calls the turn with a jack hes calling the river too?

or should i just be check/folding the turn?

DeezNutz3 12-08-2005 06:30 AM

from my experience i think u get a call from a J...tough river tho...looks like a bet/fold or C/C if u don't like folding.

Jeff W 12-08-2005 06:32 AM

what is villain's screen name?

newhizzle 12-08-2005 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
from my experience i think u get a call from a J...tough river tho...looks like a bet/fold or C/C if u don't like folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i was planning to fold to a raise, i think a jack usually calls here too

newhizzle 12-08-2005 06:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what is villain's screen name?

[/ QUOTE ]

pd171164

daryn 12-08-2005 06:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so you think check/call when the queen hits and bet when it dosent?

should the spades be a consideration?

you dont think if he calls the turn with a jack hes calling the river too?

or should i just be check/folding the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah spades should def be a consideration, and they hit. put yourself in that guy's position, what can he put you on? if he has a J what hand can he really beat when you bet river? why would you donk the turn when the ace hit?

i guess i just don't see how you're missing any value here by checking

shmahappens 12-08-2005 03:41 PM

You're trying to say you have AK/AQ/AJ here, maybe QQ or KK - why not CR the turn? Knowing this game he'll call trying to hit twopair/etc, then fold if he misses, so you'll make him pay more.