Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   chop or no chop (No content) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=277373)

maxpowers21 06-21-2005 10:06 AM

chop or no chop (No content)

Playing a live game at the bellagio last weekend, 15-30 limit holdem with my buddy jrobb.

Table next to us is spiderman, sammy farha, freddy deeb and several others in a full ring game in a 20k min no limit holdem cash game.

What would you do here..

I'm playing with my poker buddy we both chop, everyone at the table chops.

I get delt Red Aces in the BB, Jrobb is in the smalll blind after it is folded around... This is the first time after 2-3 hours that I have even had the opportunity to chop with Jrobb.

Should I

a. chop and be a nice guy and respect the poker code of always chopping... or

b. be a douchebag and stick it to him so i can laugh at him later as i spend his money on beer and food.

jnalpak 06-21-2005 10:13 AM

Re: chop or no chop (No content)

I'm not a big fan of the chop but if its my buddy to the right I chop but you shouldn't even look at your cards. Just flip them over afterwards and cry when you see the red aces.

mrkilla 06-21-2005 10:26 AM

this is simple either Chop always or Chop Never, if you want to screw your friend I guess you don't have to chop as long as he realize its ONLY cause of him your not chopping.
But not chopping cause you have aces = your a douchebag

dcasper70 06-21-2005 10:53 AM

With my luck, I'd play and lose when his J4s turns a flush...

Then who'd be punk'd [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

dcasper70 06-21-2005 10:54 AM

I can't believe I just used the word "punk'd".

I'm such a tool....
Flame is deserved

DrCool 06-21-2005 12:46 PM

Chop, show him your aces, and then tell him he owes you for beer and food. Everybody's a winner.

Photoc 06-21-2005 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Table next to us is spiderman, sammy farha, freddy deeb and several others in a full ring game in a 20k min no limit holdem cash game.

[/ QUOTE ]

My only question...
Where they chopping on the table next to you too? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

radek2166 06-21-2005 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My only question...
Where they chopping on the table next to you too? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh sir

MrDannimal 06-21-2005 04:39 PM

I chop, and I don't look at my cards until the action is on me so if it's a chop situation I don't know what I have. Depending on the other guy, we'll either flip 'em up or not.

Sponger15SB 06-21-2005 05:34 PM

If its your friend, you absolutely stick it to him.

Unknown I'm more likely to chop.