Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   THE TOURNEY IS READY (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395031)

FoxwoodsFiend 12-09-2005 04:50 PM

Re: THE TOURNEY IS READY

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hes not worried about the cost, hes worried about them taking chips off the table and screwing up the tourney

[/ QUOTE ]

if this is the only problem we could just have the match use 320bb instead of 300 right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well really the rake depends on how long the match takes which is impossible to predict. I think the UB play money tables will be satisfactory. What do other people think? Should other structures be allowed?

Prevaricator 12-09-2005 04:52 PM

instead of deep stacked which is hard to set up, why not do best 2 out of 3 with 100bb stacks. Its much easier to set up and it still eliminates some of the variance.

whitelime 12-09-2005 04:54 PM

Not that it would be a big deal, but rake could affect different styles differently to the point where it would give a certain style a minute advantage.

It's just so much easier keeping track and what not when there is no rake.

whitelime 12-09-2005 04:55 PM

I definitely think this is a better structure.

flawless_victory 12-09-2005 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
instead of deep stacked which is hard to set up, why not do best 2 out of 3 with 100bb stacks. Its much easier to set up and it still eliminates some of the variance.

[/ QUOTE ]
ya, good call. i dont want to debate what we do... whatever the ppl who set this up wanna do is cool, but this is clearly gonna make things way simpler.
i say we do this and avoid headaches.

Yeti 12-09-2005 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
ya, good call. i dont want to debate what we do... whatever the ppl who set this up wanna do is cool, but this is clearly gonna make things way simpler.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sweet idea.

cwl 12-09-2005 05:05 PM

i didnt mean to start a debate about the structure at this point. i took another look at the ub play money tables and there were a few open this time. i just didnt want to end up spending a ridiculous amount of time trying to get on a table. is there any easy way to get more play money chips? does anyone have a ton of these to transfer?

12-09-2005 05:13 PM

would it be too much to ask for for these ppl to post that they are going to be playing and where like 1/2hr-hr ahead of time?

FoxwoodsFiend 12-09-2005 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a better way to do it. No rebuy until you go bust w/100 BBs. The winner of those 100BBs then keeps the 200BBs and the other guy buys in for another 100, and they play until somebody has all of the BBs. That way the loser of his stack can climb up to 150BBs, double up, and win.
I think this would allow for deepstack play if the guy makes a comeback while being no more difficult to set up than 2/3.

whitelime 12-09-2005 05:58 PM

I think you need to clarify this a bit.