Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Interesting turn? Maybe. I don't know. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=377236)

Aaron W. 11-12-2005 09:46 PM

Interesting turn? Maybe. I don\'t know.

I feel like I should know more about villain, but I don't. I have seen him be aggro, and I've seen him get a little passive. After about 30-40 hands, I don't know what to make of him.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ...

milesdyson 11-12-2005 09:51 PM

Re: Interesting turn? Maybe. I don\'t know.

bet/fold, value bet river. get value from tens, backdoor flush draws, straight draws, and feel confident he doesn't have a better ace and won't bluff raise here.

Deamon2 11-12-2005 09:53 PM

I hate boards like this

I think its close between bet/folding and checking and calling a river bet. On the one hand we don't want to give a free card to his weak flush draw if he has one, but there aren't many hands that call us here that we beat, so I'd like to try to induce a bluff on the river.

In the heat of battle I'd probably puss out and c/c

Vote4Pedro 11-12-2005 09:57 PM

Betting is the only option, I'm not giving a free card on this board...

McGahee 11-12-2005 10:21 PM

I don't have a problem w/ checking this one. He's folding quite a bit to a bet, and I think he'd donk this turn a lot when he has a spade draw thinking that it's a good "scare card" because it also pairs the board.
A bet is ok too. I guess it basically depends on your comfort level in folding to a C/R vs. this player.

istewart 11-12-2005 10:31 PM

Not a good spot but I would definitely bet and I don't think it's that close.

11-13-2005 12:09 AM

bet/fold turn, i dont think you can plan further than that, reevaluate river

ArturiusX 11-13-2005 02:11 AM

Bet and its not close.

Aaron W. 11-13-2005 02:37 AM

For those who are afraid of giving a free card, if villain calls your bet and the river brings a spade, do you pay him off if he donks?

istewart 11-13-2005 02:40 AM

No, I wouldn't.