Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Cardinals Advance to NLCS!!!!! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=353676)

Jim Kuhn 10-09-2005 02:26 AM

Cardinals Advance to NLCS!!!!!

Amazing what a $75 million payroll can achieve! LaRussa is winning me over!

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Clarkmeister 10-09-2005 02:57 AM

Re: Cardinals Advance to NLCS!!!!!

TLR sucks donkey. No props for beating a .500 team with the best team in baseball. Win the World Series or bust.

lastchance 10-09-2005 03:13 AM

It's a crapshoot. The Cardinals could win the WS, but it's moronic to expect them to win back to back series at a 50% clip, when the other teams are playoff clips. The Cardinals would have to be 70%+ in series to win these. There's no way any team's that good.

Clarkmeister 10-09-2005 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a crapshoot. The Cardinals could win the WS, but it's moronic to expect them to win back to back series at a 50% clip, when the other teams are playoff clips. The Cardinals would have to be 70%+ in series to win these. There's no way any team's that good.

[/ QUOTE ]

blah blah blah. That would all be well and good if TLR hadn't failed multiple times already.

Zeno 10-09-2005 03:25 AM

I predicted a sweep and a sweep it was. On to more important matters.

So behind Oswalt the Astros win today. If Atlanta manages to make it a 5 game series (which I doubt) that will help the Cards I suppose. Backe is going against Hudson tomorrow in the Atlanta-Houston game. The Astros will win.

So, when the Astros meet the Cards I fully expect that some money will be exchanging hands around here - Right? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

-Zeno

istewart 10-09-2005 04:11 AM

Terrible thread. Who expected them to lose? I did not watch past the first 5 innings of this series.

Pudge714 10-09-2005 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Terrible thread. Who expected them to lose? I did not watch past the first 5 innings of this series.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bruce Bochy

Russ McGinley 10-09-2005 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sammysusar 10-09-2005 11:19 AM

cards vs braves

backe v hudson
hudson wins as long as he can go 8
smoltz v pettitte
smoltz wins

sammysusar 10-09-2005 11:19 AM

managers dont mean [censored]