Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Should I have called to the river on this hand? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397696)

Matt Williams 12-13-2005 04:31 PM

Should I have called to the river on this hand?

Playing 4/8 live.
I am the button.
I have K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Three limp in,I raise. SB folds, BB and limpers call.
Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
BB bets, 2 in MP fold, CO calls, I raise, BB 3 bets, CO calls, I call.
Turn is A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. BB bets, CO raises, I fold.
River is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
BB bets, CO calls.

Results in white:

<font color="white"> BB shows pocket Queens, CO shows pocket 9's. I would have won with pair of kings. </font>

SnglMaltScotch 12-13-2005 04:34 PM

Re: Should I have called to the river on this hand?

I don't raise KTo after 3 limpers. Offsuit broadway cards don't play well in large multiway pots.

Otherwise the rest of the hand is pretty standard IMO. You can't call 2 cold on the turn with second pair fair kicker.

Scotch78 12-13-2005 04:35 PM

First, I might raise pre-flop if all three limpers play over half their hands and both blinds are extremely tight, but probably not even then. Second, this turn is a super easy fold.

Scott

ReptileHouse 12-13-2005 04:45 PM

BB is showing huge strength donk/3-betting the flop into the pre-flop raiser. Assuming a non-insane opponent, that says at worst that he has TPGK. CO is happilly calling along on a pretty drawless board, suggesting he's either completely donating or slowplaying.

On the turn the BB isn't slowing down and the CO wakes up. There is no way I think one pair is good hear anywhere close to often enough to call two cold. I toss it in the muck and wish I could learn to flop better cards.

Now to go read the results and see how far off I am... Given the title of the thread, I have a suspicion, but I'm curious.

edit: yup. they are both insane. File this one away and loosen up your call-down standards against both of them in the future. All those chips will flow back the other way soon enough if they keep playing like that.

KNOCKAHOMA 12-13-2005 04:47 PM

another ??

Would folding this hand pre-flop be wrong even with 3 limpers??

oxymoron 12-13-2005 04:48 PM

I don't like the raise preflop but you played it fine post flop.

ReptileHouse 12-13-2005 04:48 PM

Re: another ??

I don't hate folding pre-flop.

Scotch78 12-13-2005 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would folding this hand pre-flop be wrong even with 3 limpers??

[/ QUOTE ]

If two of the three are tight, I prefer a fold.

Scott

wilsonkop 12-13-2005 04:53 PM

4/8 live. Folding is insane here. BTW, you can't call 2 cold after tha A drops on the turn. Overall you played it fine.

Jake (The Snake) 12-13-2005 04:59 PM

BUT WE HAVE THE BUTTON!!!!!

Seriously though, we have the button.

I think folding, even if one or two of them was tight, would be wrong.

By the way, we have the button.