Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   2 pair turn mistake? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394300)

duk 12-08-2005 04:31 PM

2 pair turn mistake?

Opponent seems relatively solid; moderately tight, hasn't gotten out of line in the couple of orbits I've been here.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
2 folds, CO raises, 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero raises, CO calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero bets, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, CO folds.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

After the hand I thought perhaps I should have called the turn raise and led out on the river, but perhaps this is too results-oriented.

jph0424 12-08-2005 05:28 PM

Re: 2 pair turn mistake?

You played this fine. There are now 2 flush draws on the board not to mention he could hit his kicker if he also has an A or make his trips, set, or straight if not. You can not be upset at this result. The pot is already big, take it down.

Spicymoose 12-08-2005 05:44 PM

I don't get why you want to call the turn and lead the river. This is fine.

luckyharr 12-08-2005 05:54 PM

Looks like he was on a pure bluff or free showdown play so I don't think you were getting another bet out of him regardless of your line.

Danenania 12-08-2005 05:56 PM

I often check/call flop then lead turn. This is fine too.

Spicymoose 12-08-2005 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I often check/call flop then lead turn. This is fine too.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is because you expect him to raise your turn bet often enough? Or is it because you think he will call down with a worse hand that he may have folded otherwise?

Danenania 12-08-2005 05:59 PM

Both. It also provokes weird free showdown raises and bluff raises.

Spicymoose 12-08-2005 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Both. It also provokes weird free showdown raises and bluff raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

So is this line of yours pretty standard for you when you flop a pretty strong hand on a midly coordinated flop OOP in an unraised pot?

Danenania 12-08-2005 06:09 PM

Not really. I tend to save it for when I flop two pair with an Ace. And actually the less coordinated the flop, the better the play is.

Btw, this isn't an unraised pot.

Spicymoose 12-08-2005 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Btw, this isn't an unraised pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops. I just scrolled up to check if it was or not while I was responding, and I didn't see any color. Damn converter reliance.