Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   I lost $450 yesterday multitabling 20-table SNGs (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375333)

betgo 11-09-2005 10:29 PM

I lost $450 yesterday multitabling 20-table SNGs

I played in 25 in these and made two second tables and no final tables.

Without going into bad beats, there were several times I had the chips to make the final table but lost big hands. Of course, I play to make the final 3 or final 6, which is where the money is, rather than to make the second table or final table.

I find the later play in these reasonably tough and pretty aggressive. I find resteals work well later on, as people are never letting the pot go unraised to the blinds, and a lot of times they will fold to reraises.

I played in a lot of them, because they started having them all the time. I guess it's just variance, as I have an OK rate at them overall. I guess I will try some more tonight and hope for better results. I will try listening again to this paraliminal CD my girlfriend gave me to improve results in competitions.

I may be better off spending my time playing the big higher buyin tournament or playing supersatellites and rebuys, which I am good at.

11-09-2005 10:33 PM

Re: I lost $450 yesterday multitabling 20-table SNGs

Ouch mate, but look at it this way, a few hot streaks and you are + again. IIRC the winner gets like 1000$? You are capable of winning one so get back in there winning. I have yet to play these so I have no idea how hard the competition is.

betgo 11-09-2005 10:36 PM

I'm plus overall. Have a few final tables. In one, I got a little more than 2nd place money in a 3-way chop.

11-09-2005 11:17 PM

This is well within variance. Sucks, but 22.5 buy-ins is to be expected pretty frequently in this top-heavy stuff.

Toddy 11-09-2005 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played in 25 in these and made two second tables and no final tables.

Without going into bad beats, there were several times I had the chips to make the final table but lost big hands. Of course, I play to make the final 3 or final 6, which is where the money is, rather than to make the second table or final table.

I find the later play in these reasonably tough and pretty aggressive. I find resteals work well later on, as people are never letting the pot go unraised to the blinds, and a lot of times they will fold to reraises.

I played in a lot of them, because they started having them all the time. I guess it's just variance, as I have an OK rate at them overall. I guess I will try some more tonight and hope for better results. I will try listening again to this paraliminal CD my girlfriend gave me to improve results in competitions.

I may be better off spending my time playing the big higher buyin tournament or playing supersatellites and rebuys, which I am good at.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im way up on these becaue I have a 1st,2nd and a 4th, but i bet ive cashed in 1 out of my last 15.. I can't get a break on these tourneys

Skjonne 11-10-2005 05:08 AM

In this thread the consensus seems to be, that these are fishier than a regular $20 MTT.

The variance of regular MTT's are a biatch in the first place, so if the 180's have even more variance, then holy......

Me? I played a total 7 of them. Best result: 48th [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

whiskeytown 11-10-2005 05:26 AM

played two so far - One was a total chump call of my reraise with just a 10 high flush draw - the other was my KK vs. AA - so that was as deserved as it gets -

ain't seen nothing so far to indicate more or less fishiness - but the, I did spend the first hr. of the one last week completing the Forza Motorsports Endurance Class C challange for more credits.

RB

mshalen 11-10-2005 08:22 AM

Yesterday I played in one where we were down to 73 players at the first break. This low number just yells FISH ARE HERE.

zambonidrivr 11-10-2005 09:01 AM

not sure. perhaps a book like harrington vol 1 &2, might be a good start. post some hands, that might help. this seems like a horrible day, sorry about your luck.

Toddy 11-10-2005 09:47 AM

I can't cash in this damn thing anymore. Last night I came in 19TH