Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Availability in England of Two plus Two titles (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=319090)

Mat Sklansky 08-20-2005 03:31 AM

Availability in England of Two plus Two titles

Has anyone noticed an increase in the availability of of our books in England, particularly Borders?

DrunkHamster 08-20-2005 06:01 AM

Re: Availability in England of Two plus Two titles

I was in a Borders just yesterday, and the only 2+2 book I saw was TOP. Maybe this is unrepresentative, but it was a decent sized one. FWIW, I have seen copies of it there before, so I don't think it has improved particularly drastically yet. I have also never seen a 2+2 book in Waterstones (the other big book chain).

MadMat 08-20-2005 12:56 PM

I'm a regular in all 3 bookshops in my town, Waterstones, WHsmiths and a small independent. I've yet to see a 2+2 book in any of them. I use amazon.co.uk when I need a fix of 2+2

Mat

Mat Sklansky 08-20-2005 02:10 PM

Thanks, we're trying to remedy this.

JohnG 08-20-2005 07:57 PM

The only place I've ever been able to get 2+2 books is in the highstakes bookshop. Don't even know where there is a borders near Manchester. I know of 3 local waterstones, and have never seen a 2+2 book. Would be great if waterstones started to carry them.

TwoShedsJackson 08-20-2005 08:14 PM

Whatever about England I can tell you they are far more readily available in Dublin, Ireland now as one of the main book shops here has started stocking 2+2 titles (as well as titles from other publishers, Cardoza etc.).

spamuell 08-20-2005 10:12 PM

I'll go and count the 2+2 books in my local Borders on Monday if you can give me a creative title which I like. (EDIT: Instead of Carpal Tunnel I mean.)

Crix 08-21-2005 08:29 AM

Hi John
I've bought at least 3 or 4 2+2 titles in the Waterstones on Deansgate in Manchester. They usually have a pretty good selection of other titles as well.

JohnG 08-21-2005 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi John
I've bought at least 3 or 4 2+2 titles in the Waterstones on Deansgate in Manchester. They usually have a pretty good selection of other titles as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent. It must have changed since I last looked. Maybe it's been longer than I thought. Thanks for the info.

daveymck 08-23-2005 11:18 AM

Isnt Borders more a southern bookstore, I thikn Waterstones is the one to try and get into for more national coverage, most of their stores have poker books but have never seen any 2+2 there.

The UK is overflowing with poker at the moment there are two poker channels which are selling books like supersystem etc that could be another way of getting into the market doing somthing with them.