Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   I couldn't believe what he showed down. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=377440)

frappeboy 11-13-2005 07:58 AM

I couldn\'t believe what he showed down.

Seat 6 is supposed to be one of the best players on partypoker. I won't say his name, but it starts with an L and ends with an N.. lol... Anyways he shows down T98 and he made a straight on the end.. Couldn't believe he played that for a full bet, and played it so aggressively on 4th.

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.60 SB)

Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (6.60 SB)

Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___raises___calls
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls

5th Street - (9.30 BB)

Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

6th Street - (12.30 BB)

Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

River - (15.30 BB)

Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (17.30 BB)

Roland 11-13-2005 09:48 AM

Re: I couldn\'t believe what he showed down.

Yeah, I wouldn’t even play that for the bring-in I think. And certainly not for $5, especially since that full bet bring-in smells of jacks.
Sine he did play it though, he might as well play it aggressively on 4th I guess. I really don’t know though and I’m too lazy to run a sim right now.
And what the hell was seat 5 doing?

BeerMoney 11-13-2005 11:03 AM

I don't think playing 3 str8's is that bad of an idea.

As a side note.. I've been thinking some of us around here are playing too few of hands. For myself, it seems almost as if I just look to make profit with my squeaky tight 3rd street play..

frappeboy 11-13-2005 12:02 PM

Yeah seat 5 had absolutely nothing started with (K 4) Q or something like that..

Backstabr 11-13-2005 04:43 PM

I stick to 8/b, but his call seems sensible. 4 players in, totally live 7s and Js (as far as he can see). He has great implied odds in this and little chance of being raised.

In a multiway pot like this, doesn't make sense to jam an OESD with only one of your straight outs dead?

Flame on.

Jeffage 11-13-2005 05:13 PM

I have no problem with villian's play on any street really.

Jeff

BeerMoney 11-13-2005 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In a multiway pot like this, doesn't make sense to jam an OESD with only one of your straight outs dead?

Flame on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do.. That doesn't mean its right, but its what I do.

Also, I'm sure BigSatellite, knows frappeboy is an observant solid player, thus playing the occasional marginal hand will be good for his image. Or, his wife was playing.