Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   AKo gets raised on turn- here we go (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369111)

checkmate36 10-31-2005 05:53 PM

AKo gets raised on turn- here we go

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Just arrived at this table so no reads on any of my opponents worth mentioning.

Flop: (7 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Maybe button hit some Ax 2-pair. My plan is to call and see if I improve on river in some way. I will probably have to see showdown if I don't improve since its possible my opponent is typical player at this level and thinks hitting his Ax means raise the turn.

River: (11 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Planned on check/calling with my now 2-pair K kicker.

Final Pot: 11 BB

littlebu 10-31-2005 05:56 PM

Re: AKo gets raised on turn- here we go

I reraise the turn. After the river 7 I bet out if raised I think you can safely get rid of it. I could be way of base though.

10-31-2005 05:59 PM

If the button did have Ax for a flopped 2-pair, and waited for the big bet to raise you, then the river just put your hand ahead. If that's your read, then bet the river. If he's got 76 or A7, that's the breaks.

Personally, I would have re-raised the turn and lead the river.

Guruman 10-31-2005 06:45 PM

--blind response--

wow, that raise was out of nowhere.

Button coldcalled, then smoothcalled, then raised the turn off of the preflop aggressor. Hmm, I wonder if he even realizes that he did this?

sb calling two more cold on the turn is also a little disconcerting, but its possible he's on a straight draw and is a total calling station.

yup, I'm thouroughly confused here.

Maybe call the turn and check/call the river? I have no idea.

checkmate36 10-31-2005 08:29 PM

Button shows A5o at showdown.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]