Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   ($55) ITM push, my heart says yes but my brain says no (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403731)

pineapple888 12-23-2005 03:52 AM

Re: ($55) ITM push, my heart says yes but my brain says no

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (3 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Hero (t3020)
BB (t765)
Button (t6215)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t800</font>, Hero pushes

im new to STTs, is there some formula i can use to calculate my $EV if i can put in his calling range or something, especially with these chip stacks

[/ QUOTE ]

This shizzle comes up all the time, just call. He's saying "I want to check it down to eliminate shorty." *If you believe him*, which I do, it's in your best interests to follow his plan, cause you have nothing to lose. If shorty folds, now you have some poker to play.

Annulus 12-23-2005 04:19 AM

you are right. im tired as hell, but this is fairly easy call down and check it through, unless you catch something. im not sure why i was having trouble with it earlier. but there is no need to push and isolate.

curtains 12-23-2005 04:28 AM

pushing is surely correct.

lastchance 12-23-2005 04:35 AM

Huh?

&lt;--- insta-shoves, and does not believe it is close.

Annulus 12-23-2005 04:36 AM

Maybe i should of went with my first thoughts. lol. oh, im tired, im going to bed. but, i do agree with curtains. lol, im an idiot at the moment.

z32fanatic 12-23-2005 05:06 AM

Push and it's not really close.

tjh 12-23-2005 06:26 AM

Is that shorty's stack before or after he posts ?

Nothing wrong with letting him push shorty out. Or is there?

Calling is not bad, folding is not bad, pushing is not bad.

Out of the three it looks like pushing is the worst. Although I put him on a steal or an attempt to bully the short stack so there is a potential chance here to take 1200 by pushing. So I think that pushing is better than other posters think it is.

Tough hand.

In the heat of the moment I would be very tempted to push. Not saying it is correct but at this stage of the game I am thinking push or fold so the call does not come into my mind.

--
tjh

12-23-2005 11:25 AM

"[N]o heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams"