Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   party 30-60 river plan with a boat. . . (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=271840)

glen 06-13-2005 10:18 AM

party 30-60 river plan with a boat. . .

utg limp, i limp utg+1 with 88, sb raises, bb 3 bets, ytg and I call, sb calls. . .

flop 8c 4d 4c (derb). . . sb checks, bb bets, utg calls, i raise, sb 3 bets, utg calls, i cap, both call. . .

turn Ah, checks to me, I bet, sb check-raises, utg calls, I call. . .

river 5c. . . utg pauses for like 4 seconds and checks, utg bets. . . what's my river plan?

mmcd 06-13-2005 10:35 AM

Re: party 30-60 river plan with a boat. . .

3-bet the turn. Raise the river.

glen 06-13-2005 10:41 AM

what do you put him on after teh turn cr?

mmcd 06-13-2005 10:50 AM

Damned if I know. A big club ace, an out-of-line on the flop AK, some hand containing a 4. I can't give him AA since he didn't cap a 4-way pot preflop.

glen 06-13-2005 10:53 AM

bah. . . error

I typed SB instead of BB for the turn cr. The BB 3 bet preflop and everyone just called, so put AA back in teh radar. . .

mmcd 06-13-2005 11:12 AM

Re: bah. . . error

I'd still 3-bet turn/raise the river. BB's flop play is more in line with AK than SB's, and the pot's big enough for him to maybe crying-call 120. I thing AA is more likely to go for a lead/3-bet on the river. At the very least UTG is paying off a raise, and BB may well call 2-cold. If you get check/3-bet by AA, it sucks, but it only costs you 1 extra bet since he'd be checkraising if you call anyways.

glen 06-13-2005 11:18 AM

"BB's flop play is more in line with AK than SB's, and the pot's big enough for him to maybe crying-call 120"

my fault obv, but let me clarify again. . . on the turn bb, utg, and I are in the hand. sb folded to my flop raise. imo, neither bb or utg have played the hand to the turn like they have AK. . .

repost of the hand correctly. . .

utg limp, i limp utg+1 with 88, sb raises, bb 3 bets, ytg and I call, sb calls. . .

flop 8c 4d 4c (derb). . . sb checks, bb bets, utg calls, i raise, sb folds, BB 3 bets, utg calls, i cap, both call. . .

turn Ah, checks to me, I bet, BB check-raises, utg calls, I call. . .

river 5c. . . utg pauses for like 4 seconds and checks, utg bets. . . what's my river plan?

Diplomat 06-13-2005 11:31 AM

Yeah. Looks like a good time to make a quiet, whimpering call on the river. Raising is a poor play as the BB will re-raise if he beats you and fold if he doesn't, and I doubt UTG will three-bet with a flushdraw given the action on previous streets. The combined turn and river action of the BB and UTG makes assigning hands pretty easy, but I don't have the stones to fold this hand online.

Did you consider three-betting the turn and folding to a four-bet?

-Diplomat

Diplomat 06-13-2005 11:36 AM

I just walked away from my computer, then spun on my heels and came back here to post this: IMO three-betting the turn and folding to a four-bet is much better than calling the turn checkraise, unless you believe the BB is a nutjob.

-Diplomat

Ser William 06-13-2005 11:41 AM

Why can't this guy have AcKc? I'd 3-bet the turn, call if capped. If they are still betting out then I'd call the river but I'm not finding a fold here.