Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Home Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Pre-flop Decision (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=384655)

11-24-2005 05:06 PM

Pre-flop Decision

Ok im having a $5 HU tourni at my house with my friend and, he's kind of a loose player, doesn't really pick his spots well to bluff. FPS's alot, and doesn't think about odds with all sorts of draws. Raises almost everytime button is passed back to him.

Villan: T1500
Hero: T2500

Blinds:25/50

I wasn't sure the proper +ev play with this hand since, one he limped from the button and it's somewhat unusal of him. Second stacks were much to deep to push and risk the coinflip. But is this still a raising hand when your OOP when every card [except 2] would be an over card or do you just check, and play the flop.

Dealt to Hero: 3c3s

Villan: completes
Hero: ??

ky70 11-24-2005 06:07 PM

Re: Pre-flop Decision

Not enough information. You don't mention how he responds to bets. What position are you in? How many yet to act? And so on

Even not knowing all that, you still only have a pair of threes and the blinds aren't significant to your chip stack at all to this point. Easy limp, IMO, and hope you hit your set on the flop and get paid off. If you miss your set and somone bets into you, it's an easy fold.

11-24-2005 06:20 PM

if villan completes, that means he's in SB which means he has the button, sorry thought you could have figured that one out.

11-24-2005 06:20 PM

you are heads up with a very small pair about a 55-45 situation at best. Being out of position and alarmed by his play either put in a big raise to see his response or call hoping to catch a 3. If he is as aggressive as you say and not very good at choosing his bluff opportunities I'd call hoping for a set and wait for a better opportunity to create a big pot.

ky70 11-24-2005 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if villan completes, that means he's in SB which means he has the button, sorry thought you could have figured that one out.

[/ QUOTE ]
My bad...I missed the "HU tournament" part

11-24-2005 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
My bad...I missed the "HU tournament" part

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

PE101 11-25-2005 10:41 AM

I hate to admit this (I'm putting on my flame resistant suit), but I don't know what "FPS's alot" means...

11-25-2005 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate to admit this (I'm putting on my flame resistant suit), but I don't know what "FPS's alot" means...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL no worries, no flamers in here.
FPS = Fancy Play Syndrome. Always trying to represent something by doing it horribly and are constant bluffers that dont pick there spots well at all.

jojobinks 11-26-2005 01:31 AM

blind size dictates a moderate strategy here. check and see a flop.

11-26-2005 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL no worries, no flamers in here.
FPS = Fancy Play Syndrome. Always trying to represent something by doing it horribly and are constant bluffers that dont pick there spots well at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's why I like the "Home Games" section a lot. Most everyone is pretty nice.