Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Is this close to a string raise? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=322601)

pipes 08-25-2005 11:26 AM

Is this close to a string raise?

10/20 game. On river, I put 4 chips in my right hand and 4 in my left. Both hands are moving out. I flipped out 4 chips onto the table from right and then 4 from my left next to the chips I already flipped out.

At some point during this process, I did say raise as well. But I'm not sure at what point I said it.

Just what I do sometimes. I didn't think it was even close. But my opponent complained and the dealer said it was close but he allowed the raise.

Even if I did not say raise, is it close? I didn't reach back for some chips. Both hands were moving out at the same time. I just dropped them at different times.

Hal 2000 08-25-2005 11:35 AM

Re: Is this close to a string raise?

Use 1 hand, 1 motion. Don't be one of those tools.

HopeydaFish 08-25-2005 12:08 PM

Why do you need to be different? You're only going to get people upset.

jba 08-25-2005 12:20 PM

avoid the appearance of evil

TakeMeToTheRiver 08-25-2005 01:53 PM

No string raise, but why piss people off AND look like a dork?

pipes 08-25-2005 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No string raise, but why piss people off AND look like a dork?

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe me, I'm not a tool nor a dork. I'm also well aware that pissing people off is negative EV.

Its just a comfortable way for me to pick up my chips and put them in the pot, period.

autobet 08-25-2005 02:56 PM

I think it's fine as long as you never pull back the second hand and just call.

bernie 08-25-2005 03:25 PM

If you don't say anything, yes, it can be a string raise if someone calls you on it. I know because I was a dick and called someone on it before. (1st and only time I've ever called a stringer on someone)

Many don't realize this can be seen as a stringer. One reason is because you can drop the chips at different times which is like going back to your stack.

As uncool as it may look, just put your chips in with one hand. There's no style points for 'how' you raise.

b

pipes 08-25-2005 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't say anything, yes, it can be a string raise if someone calls you on it. I know because I was a dick and called someone on it before. (1st and only time I've ever called a stringer on someone)

Many don't realize this can be seen as a stringer. One reason is because you can drop the chips at different times which is like going back to your stack.

As uncool as it may look, just put your chips in with one hand. There's no style points for 'how' you raise.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus..., as I said before I'm not looking for style points. Its just how I naturally put 8 chips into the pot. When I raise preflop, its just 4 chips in one hand. I guess it gets some mental midgets on tilt....

I don't think its a string raise. I'm moving forward with both hands. I'm pretty sure I always say raise as I'm moving forward.

Bulldog 08-25-2005 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Believe me, I'm not a tool nor a dork. I just have VERY TINY HANDS!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]