Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Two pair, first hand of 55 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404722)

ZBTHorton 12-24-2005 06:03 PM

Two pair, first hand of 55

First hand of 55. Action on turn?

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t1000)
CO+1 (t1000)
MP3 (t1000)
MP2 (t1000)
MP1 (t1000)
UTG+1 (t1000)
UTG (t1000)
Hero (t1000)
SB (t1000)
Button (t1000)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls t15, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, MP1 calls t15, MP2 calls t15, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>, CO+1 calls t15, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, SB calls t5, Hero checks

Flop: (t90) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets t80</font>, UTG calls t80, MP1 calls t80, MP2 calls t80, CO+1 calls t80, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>

Turn: (t490) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 players) SB checks, Hero?

Pasterbator 12-24-2005 06:11 PM

Re: Two pair, first hand of 55

In a 6 way limped pot, i think you want to keep the pot small on the turn. While i'm usually very aggressive with bottom 2, you were called by FOUR people on the flop with a relatively drawless board. 910s has you drawing very slim, and its realistically out there. I think a set raises you on that flop, unless UTG has it. I doubt J8/J7 is out there. J10 might be there. I can't decide.

On the turn, that is the best card you could have hoped to see. Your two options are 1) bet out and re-evaluate if raised, or 2) check and see how your table acts. If there is a bet and a raise to you, i think you can safely fold this hand (too weak?)

I'm not used to playing with 1000 chips, so in my normal 800 tourneys, i think i'm pushing/check raising all in. Here you have more room to get away if you think you're beat.

12-24-2005 06:16 PM

I'm used to the Stars $27 turbos, but if I got 4 callers on a flop like that, I'd be worried. Showdown cheap if you can.

ZBTHorton 12-24-2005 06:40 PM

Any ideas on what I could be up against? I'm hearing to play it cheap...whats your play then?

otctrader 12-24-2005 06:55 PM

It's annoying being OOP isn't it! Unfortunately I don't think you can deduce anyone's holdings with a 6-way call fest; even at the $55's plenty of clowns will flat-call a set or higher two pair on a draw board.

Betting the turn just inflates the pot and leaves you with a difficult river decision, and there are a myriad of cards you don't want to see. I'd check, possibly c/r all-in versus a donkish bet from the guys near the button.

By the way, is SB in the hand or not - he's checking the turn but folding the flop as per the history?

ZBTHorton 12-24-2005 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's annoying being OOP isn't it! Unfortunately I don't think you can deduce anyone's holdings with a 6-way call fest; even at the $55's plenty of clowns will flat-call a set or higher two pair on a draw board.

Betting the turn just inflates the pot and leaves you with a difficult river decision, and there are a myriad of cards you don't want to see. I'd check, possibly c/r all-in versus a donkish bet from the guys near the button.

By the way, is SB in the hand or not - he's checking the turn but folding the flop as per the history?

[/ QUOTE ]

I typed that in myself when I was editing the HH..he's out.