Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   AARP (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=28878)

andyfox 02-11-2003 09:45 PM

AARP

Got my AARP card in the mail today.

Life just keeps getting better.

50 sucks.

HDPM 02-11-2003 09:52 PM

Re: AARP

Nooooooooooooooo! Did I ever mention what I think of AARP? Did I tell you how my father torments me by flashing his AARP badge? Since I don't carry my NRA or GOA cards I have nothing to fight back with. Aaaaaagh! Grow old with dignity without the help of that commie gun banning group. Unless they can reduce your insurance premiums at least. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

andyfox 02-11-2003 09:59 PM

I belong to a lot of commie gun banning groups, as you know. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] It's the old fart aspect of it that troubles me. The alternative, of course, as the old joke goes, is worse. I suppose.

Regards,
Andy

ripdog 02-11-2003 10:10 PM

Don't listen to HDPM, he just a typical angry white male. Also, I think the sign that life is getting worse is when you cum and the fluids go backwards. Life as you know it is over when this happens.

Jimbo 02-11-2003 10:58 PM

Andy do not feel bad. I have the same first and last name as my father and same middle initial. I have been getting AARP solicitations since I turned 16, that is for the last 34 years. Now that I qualify I am rejecting them on principal! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Clarkmeister 02-11-2003 11:12 PM

ripdog...nice memory. That was the first thing I thought about when I read this post, lol.

andyfox 02-11-2003 11:27 PM

Yeah, 49 sucks too. Thanks for reminding me [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] .

Zeno 02-12-2003 12:23 AM

What a cosmic coincidence. Yesterday, I received a solicition letter from the AARP. It took me about a full minute to figure out what the acronym stood for. I ripped the letter in half and tossed it into the waste basket, like I do with most of my mail. I follow my father's advice, he always says - "File that in the Waste Basket". I become 50 this August so the AARP wants to jump my bones early.

At 50 a man can be an ass without being an optimist but not an optimist without being an ass. - Mark Twain

Always keep that in mind, Andy; your at the magic year - use it well.

The 50 year shadow is biting at my heels. But I pay it no mind.

Zeno

P.S. I should be getting my ACLU membership (renewal) card in the mail soon. I may show up at one of the local meetings with my handgun slung low on the old hip. I'm an optimist you know? [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

snakehead 02-12-2003 07:53 AM

so you pronounce it a-a-r-p or do you just say arp?

Ed I 02-12-2003 11:34 AM

AARP solicitations have been hitting the garbage for 5 years now. Their relentless.