Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Except for Dilbert... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=278448)

Rhone 06-22-2005 06:57 PM

Except for Dilbert...

...I haven't laughed at a comic strip since Bloom County, Calvin & Hobbes, and the Far Side stopped publishing. Is this because:

1) I was much younger then and more easily amused
2) Writing a great comic is really damn hard and I was just lucky that these three great ones were around at the same time
3) There's a gem or two out there I don't know about that will have me rolling on the floor laughing the way I used to with the above strips.

?????

Patrick del Poker Grande 06-22-2005 07:00 PM

Re: Except for Dilbert...

[ QUOTE ]
...I haven't laughed at a comic strip since Doonsbury, Calvin & Hobbes, and the Far Side stopped publishing. Is this because:

2) Writing a great comic is really damn hard and I was just lucky that these three great ones were around at the same time
3) There's a gem or two out there I don't know about that will have me rolling on the floor laughing the way I used to with the above strips.

?????

[/ QUOTE ]
I was just thinking the same thing. I'm going to say it's #2. Oh, and take out the stuff about Doonsbury (not because it's still out there, but because it's not funny).

PoBoy321 06-22-2005 07:00 PM

Doonesbury is still out there. Check the NY Times website.

Alobar 06-22-2005 07:01 PM

you were young and easily amused, yet you found bloom county funny???

edited to reflect rhones edit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rhone 06-22-2005 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...I haven't laughed at a comic strip since Bloom County, Calvin & Hobbes, and the Far Side stopped publishing. Is this because:

?????

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm an idiot. I didn't mean Doonsbury, I meant Bloom County. original post edited

groo 06-22-2005 07:53 PM

definately the three best of my life time. I get by on Foxtrot and Nonsequiter now.

Voltron87 06-22-2005 07:56 PM

read the boondocks

Dilbert 06-22-2005 08:01 PM

Thanks for your support.

Gallopin Gael 06-22-2005 08:28 PM

check out Get Fuzzy

woodguy 06-22-2005 08:32 PM

The Duplex is good.
Not always good, but sometimes it makes me laugh outloud.
Not in the same ballpark as your original list, but that's the only comic I make an effort to read.

Try to find Spacemoose if you can and buy the book "Triumph of the Whim", the writer is Adam Thrasher.

It was in my campus newspaper when I went to University and it was a local cult favorite. Its absolutely outrageous.

Regards,
Woodguy