Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   playing too many coin flips (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=256130)

treeofwisdom7 05-20-2005 07:34 PM

playing too many coin flips

during the later part of a tourney im starting to push more often due to the advice i get from 2+2. i think when the blinds are big its correct to push more often. the only problem i have is that when the table is really tight and you have a medium stack is it still correc tto keep pushing when a regular raise would put half your stack in the middle. Maybe im pushing with too many hands ex - Ax, Kxs, PP and a few others. should i take less coin flips towards the end of a sit n go? due to the table being really tight if i push in 10X towards the end i'll get called 4 or more but nobody at the table will be pushing besides me. so it seems that
1) i should just do a mini raise or raise 3BB about 40% of my chips
2)i should play tighter when i do push
3)maybe i should call what i think are coin flips - maybe i should only push and get called

****EDIT*****

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) converter

SB (t2960)
Hero (t1730)
UTG (t3640)
MP (t3000)
Button (t3670)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero calls pushes all in, SB calls.

Flop: (t500) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t500) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t500) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t500

Nick M 05-20-2005 07:43 PM

Re: playing too many coin flips

I think the converter is messed up...was there a raise or something. Try and fix that. It looks like a push preflop or on the flop. Not sure though

swarm 05-20-2005 07:47 PM

You need to push at least once per orbit and try for twice per every other orbit (if you get the hands don't be afraid to push 3 times in a row). You want to mix actual steals with quality hands and hope when you do get called it's when you have a hand. I would steal with more 910S, 89S (when you get called you have clean outs in these cases). than K4 or A3. Any PP in the Co, Button or SB is a push.

Min raising 3BB is horrible and will get you killed. Your there to play with your whole stack and you want to the table to know that. Only time I'm raising 3 BB is when I have a really large stack and there is a fellow big stack yet to act.

My question is where are you pushing from? A common mistake is trying to steal out of position.

You only want to call if you have a superior hand, or the blinds are getting out of hand, or you put villan on a steal (say there is a 2+2er to your left).

Your coverter looks a little messed up but if you were in the BB and the SB completed you push K7s every time! I would push 72off.

treeofwisdom7 05-20-2005 07:52 PM

so i got the pushing and hands that i should push with correct.. but i should only push in position? not sure what that means.. like only push on button or blinds. and dont push when someone limps *or is that just read based?*

lastchance 05-20-2005 07:58 PM

Limps are more read-based, but your K7s raise was clearly a push if SB limps a lot. Unless SB is a tricky player who doesn't limp often, I would really push that.

Pushing or folding or raising 3 BB is mainly a combination of your hand + your stack size (in terms of BB) + your opponents stack size + your position.