Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Fastplaying Quads (low content) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399437)

jskills 12-16-2005 02:28 AM

Fastplaying Quads (low content)

Villan in MP was 75/25/1.5 and had it out for me a little bit from some tangling in earlier hands.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Anyone not 3-bet the flop here?

Turn: (12.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (20.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 28.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 2h 2c (four of a kind, twos).
MP has Ad 9d (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 28.50 BB. </font>

I'm a bit new to SH, but it seems like fastplaying is almost always the way to go when you flop a monster.

bottomset 12-16-2005 02:32 AM

Re: Fastplaying Quads (low content)

so thats you

whats with the "I don't believe you" comment after he caps the turn?

jskills 12-16-2005 02:46 AM

Yeah, I know that was a bit of out of line, but that dude was really annoying and it did work. He was way too much on the testosterone trip.

Who were you - let me guess - d.d.f.?

BTW - nice avatar [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

milesdyson 12-16-2005 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
whats with the "I don't believe you" comment after he caps the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
gold. hahahahahaha

makes a -80 bb night feel good

JerseyTom 12-16-2005 03:11 AM

Wow. Great f*cking table.

Yes, fastplay always vs a clown like this. But definitely C/R the flop... you've got the whole field trapped and drawing dead. Sodomize them. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Tom

bottomset 12-16-2005 03:11 AM

I was UTG, aka a 14.7/11.7 nit that didn't get to SD at that table, I think I left pretty shortly after that hand

[ QUOTE ]
But definitely C/R the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

he c/3bet the flop

NH, you have to 3bet the flop with all that money trapped, not doing so would be criminal

JerseyTom 12-16-2005 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was UTG, aka a 14.7/11.7 nit that didn't get to SD at that table, I think I left pretty shortly after that hand

[ QUOTE ]
But definitely C/R the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

he c/3bet the flop

NH, you have to 3bet the flop with all that money trapped, not doing so would be criminal

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. I wasn't clear. I meant that even though I will fastplay vs this guy with a monster, leading the flop in this hand would be bad b/c there's too much dead money to easily trap (villain will often raise and blow out the field, so C/R is good/mandatory - we agree).

After the flop, it's balls to the wall.

Tom

The Truth 12-16-2005 04:12 AM

Quads is one of the only hands i'll slowplay.

blake

scotty34 12-16-2005 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quads is one of the only hands i'll slowplay.

blake

[/ QUOTE ]

sometimes i'll slowplay two pair, sometimes i'll fast play a straight flush - all depends on the context

jskills 12-16-2005 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I have you to thank for me even being in the hand. I was considering folding when you raised, but then everyone cold called.

Why did you leave the table?