Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   NYC Transit Strike: TWU declares series of strikes (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399560)

tonypaladino 12-16-2005 09:57 AM

NYC Transit Strike: TWU declares series of strikes

The Transit Workers Union has rejected the MTA's final offer and declared a series of strikes.

Effective today, about 3,000 employees of private express bus lines controlled by the MTA will strike.

The TWU is giving the MTA until Tuesday 12:01am to renegotiate. If no conract is reached by then, they will expand the stike to 30,000 subway and bus employees.

mrkilla 12-16-2005 09:58 AM

Re: NYC Transit Strike: TWU declares series of strikes

bastards...
I slept on my cousins couch for nothing, now all I am is over tired and mad [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Evan 12-16-2005 10:12 AM

Pretty pathetic showing by the union. If you say you're going to strike, fuckign strike! Who takes private busses anyway? This is like asbestos installers striking.

Riverman 12-16-2005 10:24 AM

Im sure the shutdown of buses in Jamaica will inspire the MTA to give in to all demands, what a joke.

Also, shut up and go to work. Count your blessings that you have a stable income and exceptionally generous benefits/pension for jobs that require little skill or training.

BottlesOf 12-16-2005 10:31 AM

Weaksauce. [censored] or get off the pot.

samjjones 12-16-2005 10:41 AM

Yeah, of course I am happy that they did not strike today (since that would've seriously f-ed up my commute), but they botched this up bigtime. They should definitely walk out before Monday's morning rush if they want to get taken seriously.

mrkilla 12-16-2005 10:43 AM

Private Bus is one the only ways in from some the outer boro's

Usually LIRR or Metro North runs where they are

B Dids 12-16-2005 12:27 PM

Why do I get the feeling that a lot of you are just mad that you don't have a reason not to work on Friday [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

sfer 12-16-2005 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, shut up and go to work. Count your blessings that you have a stable income and exceptionally generous benefits/pension for jobs that require little skill or training.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know. Anyone can fix the subway.

sfer 12-16-2005 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty pathetic showing by the union. If you say you're going to strike, fuckign strike! Who takes private busses anyway? This is like asbestos installers striking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, the point isn't going on strike. It's being willing to go on strike in order to get the concessions you want. You should know that.