Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Party blackjack (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396195)

Chris Daddy Cool 12-11-2005 03:51 PM

Party blackjack

I don't think there is a poster on this forum that has lost more than me at Party Blackjack, that includes El Diablo.

DcifrThs 12-11-2005 03:54 PM

Re: Party blackjack

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think there is a poster on this forum that has lost more than me at Party Blackjack, that includes El Diablo.

[/ QUOTE ]

#s please.

Barron

MarkL444 12-11-2005 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont mean to be a jerk but thats just pathetic. ITS BLACKJACK. YOURE GOING TO LOSE.

Diplomat 12-11-2005 04:13 PM

I'm fairly sure you are over-estimating the amount he's lost, but with that said, let's hear some numbers. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

-Diplomat

Ulysses 12-11-2005 04:15 PM

You sure?

Chris Daddy Cool 12-11-2005 04:15 PM

Hi Mark,

Die.

Chris

Chris Daddy Cool 12-11-2005 04:17 PM

wow. okay nevermind.

but if you include party blackjack with other blackjack, then i still claim this title.

ActionJeff 12-11-2005 04:40 PM

the reason you are losing is because you do not understand the mathematics of blackjack, which is actually a profitable game if approached appropriately:

ON BLACKJACK (excerpt from How to Theoretically Beat Blackjack Using Logical Fallacies by Aaron Been and Jeffrey R. Garza)

The most important factor at work here is Reverse Gambler's Ruin which allows us to construct an infinite sequence of winning sessions. The construction works as follows: Take the outcome space for a session of gambling. The dimensions of this space are going to be isomorphic to a space constrained by the length of session, the amount wagered, and the standard deviation. If you assume a normal distribution you can map the outcome space onto a set of wager possibilities and find a optimal betting strategy. The key is that this mapping preserves order so we can scale our betting increments. If we define a new ordering by the inverse of profitability then we have our infinite sequence. The only problem? It violates well ordering.

However, the well ordering principle is axiom independent if we are operating in ZF set theory. Thus Godel's incompleteness implies our sequence is valid, and the triumph of man over reason is inevitable.

12-11-2005 04:59 PM

Any admitted excessive -EV-game-plyers should be automatically downgraded to newbie.

shant 12-12-2005 05:03 AM

You obviously should be staking me at Party blackjack instead.