Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Would you fold this hand on the bubble? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=189950)

Scuba Chuck 02-04-2005 01:39 PM

Would you fold this hand on the bubble?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter

SB (t563)
Hero (t3335)
UTG (t2060)
Button (t2042)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t400) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t363 (All-In)</font>, Hero ... FOLD or CALL?

TakeMeToTheRiver 02-04-2005 01:41 PM

Re: Would you fold this hand on the bubble?

Highly unlikely.

silversurfer 02-04-2005 01:56 PM

How could you fold that? I don't care if he shows A10 off or quads, that's a no-brainer.

ColdestCall 02-04-2005 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
.... that's a no-brainer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you are not interested in getting better at SNG play. Otherwise, it's worth thinking about.

citanul 02-04-2005 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
.... that's a no-brainer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you are not interested in getting better at SNG play. Otherwise, it's worth thinking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, this may be the least insightful post ever. And that's coming some of my posts, which are real "winners" in the no content department. Perhaps, oh, I dunno, one sentence of content, would be a good start?

So let's look at the hand?

Villain starts with ~550. Hero starts with ~3350, other guys start with some 20xx number.

Preflop pot= 400.
Flop: T 2 2, and the villain bets out 350, all in. You're getting better than 2 to 1 on your call, and you have top pair. Let's combine this with a couple things, and see why I think this should be one of the easiest calls ever.

1) Hero won't even lose his chip lead if he loses this hand.
2) In fact, hero won't come close to losing his chip lead.
3) Villain will still be short stacked, at ~5.5BB after winning this hand.
4) Oh, and, you're getting &gt; 2 to 1 on calling a short stack with top pair, in a situation where losing the hand if you lose hurts you in absolutely no way at all.

So you call.

citanul

ColdestCall 02-04-2005 02:39 PM

Sorry for the lack of content - was just sitting down to lunch and only had a second to fire off a couple of sentences that I figured had a chance to be thought provoking.

But, seeing as how I snagged the title of "least insightful post ever," now I'm going to follow it up with another one:

Any chance you're missing an aspect of this hand that may be worth considering?

lorinda 02-04-2005 02:45 PM

100%, there is a huge discussion here, but not for the reason that OP intended.

Edit: I'll conclude that discussion by saying SB has too many chips, so I call.
That's the end of the discussion, I'll let you guys post the start and the middle [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Lori

adanthar 02-04-2005 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How could you fold that? I don't care if he shows A10 off or quads, that's a no-brainer.

[/ QUOTE ]

He won't show either of those, but in a higher buyin the chance of Hero drawing to 2 outs is pretty high.

The question is whether you want to call anyway despite knowing that, or, for that matter, whether it would be a good idea to fold if the SB flashes 99.

jcm4ccc 02-04-2005 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

100%, there is a huge discussion here, but not for the reason that OP intended.

Edit: I'll conclude that discussion by saying SB has too many chips, so I call.
That's the end of the discussion, I'll let you guys post the start and the middle [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Got it (I believe). Consider folding so that you can continue to bully the table on the bubble. However, if you fold, you're letting the SB back into the game and you hardly have a commanding chip lead. So the safest route is probably the best. Call and get the SB out of the game.

Also, the SB appears to be pulling the old stop-and-go on you. And doing a damn fine job of it, by the way (since you considered folding).

lorinda 02-04-2005 03:01 PM

Word for word, that post is what I was thinking.

I'm not even sure that it's correct, but even the words like 'consider' were what I had in mind.

There is almost always something worth thinking about, even in apparently trivial situations.

Edit: I apologise if this is indeed what Scuba was driving at.

Lori