Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Merry Christmas You Politards (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404799)

Exsubmariner 12-24-2005 11:00 PM

Merry Christmas You Politards

N/M

Peter666 12-24-2005 11:40 PM

Re: Merry Christmas You Politards

Thanks my Black Jewish friend. hohoho

ACPlayer 12-25-2005 03:27 AM

Happy holidays!

.. this is a political forum after all. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

roueful 12-25-2005 03:41 AM

Re: Happy holidays!

Is this sarcastic? I thought politards were some sort of christmas hating nutjobs.

ACPlayer 12-25-2005 04:41 AM

I dont believe politard is an actual word (at least at dictionary.com). I figure it is like political retards. Entering it at google you see retarded political forum type links (including 2+2!).

Perhaps the OP can shed light on the subject.

Exsubmariner 12-25-2005 10:50 AM

Happy Hanikwanzmas to you Peter.

Exsubmariner 12-25-2005 10:51 AM

Yes, we don't tolerate any lack of political correctness round here! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Exsubmariner 12-25-2005 10:55 AM

Sometimes, I am intentionally vague in order to see what reaction I achieve in other posters....Brevity is the sole of wit, after all. Politards is simply a generic term I attach to myself and other posters in this forum. I don't mean it to be derogetory, more of a term of affection, in a sick kind of way. I did not coin it. See below for my response to AC and the symptoms....

Exsubmariner 12-25-2005 11:07 AM

I like your etimology, AC. But I kind of think being a politard is like an addiction. That would make it a disease with the symptoms of constantly wanting to press ones own political agenda and viewing every event as an opportunity to preach your doctrine and make converts. Thankfully, 2+2, in it's wisdom, gave us our own little corner so the unwilling were not forced to be subjected to suffer our malady along with us. This leaves us in the vicious cycle of trying to convert other, subdivided classifications of politards, over into our own classification. It's just evil. And further addicts you, I might add.

But, it's Christmas. So be with those who make you happy, do what makes you happy and be happy, even if the only thing that makes you happy is being miserable.

Peace on Earth, Goodwill Toward Men, and all the other well intentioned misguided cliches where we try to awkwardly convey good cheer that is sometimes misunderstood.

12-25-2005 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But, it's Christmas. So be with those who make you happy, do what makes you happy and be happy, even if the only thing that makes you happy is being miserable.

Peace on Earth, Goodwill Toward Men, and all the other well intentioned misguided cliches where we try to awkwardly convey good cheer that is sometimes misunderstood.

[/ QUOTE ]

hear, hear!

Merry Chirstmas to you and yours.