Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Most Graphic Thing You've Ever Seen In Real Life (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=315521)

fimbulwinter 08-15-2005 10:02 AM

Most Graphic Thing You\'ve Ever Seen In Real Life

I just watched a movie which included a series of uncensored video tapes smuggled from iraq, the LA riots and medical archives. some of the stuff was absolutely unreal in how disturbing it was (group beheadings with a machete and suicide bombing in Iraq stand out).

It made me think just how little we actually see here. those were by far the most graphic things i'd ever seen on film, and what i've seen in real life is even more tame. the two things i can think of are seeing a friend's foot and ankle shattered (which is intensely painful) and an emergency delivery which actually wasn't too bad after the initial shock as it was "natural".

what is the most intense thing you've ever seen in real life? Have you ever seen anyone actually go through the act of losing their life?

fim

CollinEstes 08-15-2005 10:05 AM

Re: Most Graphic Thing You\'ve Ever Seen In Real Life

You've never seen faces of death have you?

*shutters*

That [censored] is pretty [censored] up to watch when you are 12.

Matty 08-15-2005 10:05 AM

Yeah some guy stumbled out of a bar after being stabbed and died on the sidewalk while my dad and I were knelt beside him.

Other than that, a finger getting chopped off is about it.

Edit: oh, and when I was little our swingset broke while my little brother was on it, and the wooden beam holding the swings up came down into my little bros head. Luckily no major damage, but he had to wear a bicycle helmet for a year because to this day he still has a small hole in his skull.

rustyboy 08-15-2005 10:07 AM

Driving down I-75 south of Lexington KY, I saw what appeared to be a big bird flying up and down quite quickly far ahead. It was getting closer and closer, and larger and larger. After 5 or 6 trips up and back down, it became appearent to us in the car that it was a wheel that had come off a car. There was a bounce about 600 yards in front of us, then one 100 yards in front of us, then we accelerated under it, and it proceded to slam into the car behind us. The tire went through the entire car, sitting on the road. The lady driving was roughed up quite a bit, mainly from her windshield laying in her lap. I was afraid that I had seen some one die, but she ended up ok.

miajag81 08-15-2005 10:11 AM

Not much here. I've seen a small plane crash into the ocean but the pilot ended up surviving. One of my friends dislocated his shoulder playing softball a couple years ago, that was pretty gross.

fimbulwinter 08-15-2005 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You've never seen faces of death have you?

*shutters*

That [censored] is pretty [censored] up to watch when you are 12.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, this was a student film about censorship in the media. some of the stuff they don't show you on TV is insane.

One thing i saw that i doubt i'll ever forget is a man holding a press conference saying something to the effect of "i apologize and i hope you will not hold this against my family" then hands out letters of apology to like 5 people, then opens his briefcase, pulls out a very large handgun, says, you should leave if this will offend you (people scream "no, please don't do it") and shoots himself in the head. he falls down like a motionless sack and gushes blood for about 10 seconds, cameras running all the while.

the documentary showed the news report and then the actual video.

fim

stigmata 08-15-2005 10:16 AM

I just missed someone getting murdered on a shopping street in broad daylight. I came around a corner and there was a load of commotion. The guy was lying on the pavement with blood running out of his head into the gutter. It was really disturbing -- I was living in a rough area at the time and it just made me feel deeply uncomfortable.

But to be honest, it's doctors and nurses who have to really deal with this stuff.

CollinEstes 08-15-2005 10:18 AM

I watched two full faces of death and by far the worse thing I saw on there was a man being torn apart by two horses.

shakingspear 08-15-2005 10:18 AM

I was a volunteer firefighter for a few years. I saw a guy burnt to death in his car. He was alive when it was happening, screaming and stuff. Sucked.

JimGil 08-15-2005 10:19 AM

9/11 NY