Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   tampa bay @ NEW ENGLAND 12/17 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397877)

lastsamurai 12-13-2005 09:07 PM

tampa bay @ NEW ENGLAND 12/17

I see NEW ENGLAND at home -4 covering this game easy.

Tampa bays third straight road game and they are playing in the snow...

12-13-2005 09:15 PM

Re: tampa bay @ NEW ENGLAND 12/17

I'm with you, love the Pats chances this weekend.

12-13-2005 09:16 PM

Re: tampa bay @ NEW ENGLAND

Keep in mind the patriots just arent that good and tampa is starting to impress more and more each week. If I had to bet id lean towards the NE side if it since they are at home but I dont like betting it. I think tampa is probably the better football team at this point.

12-13-2005 09:22 PM

Tampa's played the league's 5th easiest schedule. I think this is a bad spot for the Bucs -- 3rd in a row, 4th of 5 on the road. TB's defense has improved dramatically in the last few weeks but that's the only piece of good news for them right now. I think this line is pretty bad.

lastsamurai 12-13-2005 09:25 PM

Artdog..keep in mind tampa is 9-4...NE is 8-5..New england is the team that could sneak up on you when you're not paying attention.....

Also Chris sims is still chris sims.

12-13-2005 09:27 PM

well i thought the buccs were terribly overrated til they got some good wins at Atlanta and at Carolina, especially at Carolina. I didnt see that one coming at all.

Now if you assume they wont be able to repeat last weeks performance then I love betting the pats, but if they do play that well they will win the game.

12-13-2005 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well i thought the buccs were terribly overrated til they got some good wins at Atlanta and at Carolina, especially at Carolina. I didnt see that one coming at all.

Now if you assume they wont be able to repeat last weeks performance then I love betting the pats, but if they do play that well they will win the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is I'm not so sure Atlanta and Carolina are that good themselves.

McGahee 12-13-2005 11:39 PM

Re: tampa bay @ NEW ENGLAND 12/17

I like NE as well. They're still a pretty good team. I mean their road schedule has been flat out nasty - Pittsburgh, Atlanta, KC, Denver, Carolina - wow. They're starting to get healthy defensively and while Tampa has played well on the road lately, I can't escape the idea that they've had help from the refs in winning 2 of their home games.

MCS 12-13-2005 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is I'm not so sure Atlanta and Carolina are that good themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're not.

FWIW I like Tampa Bay +4 here if forced to pick. Not sure if I think it's actually +EV, but I think it might be.

kyro 12-14-2005 12:38 AM

Check out the teams New England has looked awful against. Colts, Chiefs, Chargers, Broncos. 4 very solid offenses that just lit them up. Bucs don't have that. I think NE covers this easy.