Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   official Tostitos ND/THE Ohio State University (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394029)

lastsamurai 12-08-2005 05:04 AM

official Tostitos ND/THE Ohio State University

When i first saw this line i thought to myself ND is a lock! Looks too easy to take the fighting irish.... Does anybody see a Vegas trap?

Jack of Arcades 12-08-2005 05:19 AM

Re: official Tostitos ND/THE Ohio State University

Hmm. the line lokos about right to me.

Jack of Arcades 12-08-2005 05:27 AM

btw, check the sports betting forum

12-08-2005 10:26 AM

I don't understand how this would be anywhere near a lock for ND.

Sluss 12-08-2005 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I wouldn't say a lock. But, I like Weis with a month to set a gameplan against OSU's defense.

Plus, there is a good chance if this turns into a blowout it will be a ND win. And an OSU win has a better chance of being close because of the style of team they are. When you rely on defense and ball control you don't blow out other good teams.

TomCollins 12-08-2005 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I wouldn't say a lock. But, I like Weis with a month to set a gameplan against OSU's defense.

Plus, there is a good chance if this turns into a blowout it will be a ND win. And an OSU win has a better chance of being close because of the style of team they are. When you rely on defense and ball control you don't blow out other good teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

NW is a team fairly similar (but not as good as ND).

NW 48-7
Iowa 31-6
Indiana 41-10
Minnesota 45-31 (was a 45-24 until garbage time)
Illinois 40-2

The odds of Ohio State getting blown out in this one are extremely slim. ND's defense is very suspect, and this isn't a typical "run the ball" OSU team. In critical games, they have let teams march down the field and score near the end of the games virtually unchallenged. This is probably the most balanced OSU offense I've seen since 98, and I don't see them struggling to put up fewer than 28 points against the Irish.

In all honestly, If you told me that someone wins by 5 points, I'd be much more worried than if you said someone wins by 14+. ND is pretty much a one-dimensional passing team (e.g. Northwestern, Michigan State). The tough thing Weis is going to have to do is figure out how to play defense. He won't win a shootout.

cokehead 12-08-2005 01:45 PM

ND obviously is more of a passing team, but calling them one-dimensional isn't really fair. Walker is a decent back.

I think this will be a good game, close, with ND making a 80 yard TD drive in last 2 mins to win [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

TomCollins 12-08-2005 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ND obviously is more of a passing team, but calling them one-dimensional isn't really fair. Walker is a decent back.

I think this will be a good game, close, with ND making a 80 yard TD drive in last 2 mins to win [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
If Walker runs for more than 50 yards, I'll be shocked.

Hornacek 12-08-2005 02:13 PM

ND sounds good to me...

pokerdirty 12-08-2005 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ND sounds good to me...

[/ QUOTE ]

You people who are picking ND know very little about college football, or watch too much ESPN.