Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   10-20 Party QQ Hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=339475)

fsuplayer 09-18-2005 05:10 PM

10-20 Party QQ Hand

party 2k, dont remember if PL or NL, doesnt really matter in this hand.

villian is a 2+2er, that im sure, but i havent figured out which one yet.

his game is TAG, blah blah, but LAG when SH'd. mixes things up sometimes, but isnt crazy. I just sat, so no other reads.

i wont give stats, bc i mined a good amount of short games with him, and that would skew the #'s as well as your perception.

so 8-9 handed, bad player limps, a fold or two, and villian makes it 80.

i call in hijack w QQ, dont remember the suits.

flop:10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

villian bets the 220, i call, utg folds.

turn: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

villian checks, i bet $400, he CR's all in for 1300 more.

call? fold? is it close?

thanks,

fsuplayer

edit: villian views me as fairly aggressive, but neither of us try to take too many unwarrented shots at eachother.

2nd edit: just found the HH, forgot there was a limper utg, who is a not good, and i think villian knows that.

sry, everything should be right now.

Garland 09-18-2005 05:26 PM

Re: 10-20 Party QQ Hand

Is this a deviation of normal play to reraise pre-flop with with QQ? Or is this standard? I wouldn't mind taking it down preflop.

If I opted to cold-call pre-flop, I call the flop bet, check behind the turn and call the river or bet the river blank. I like this line of play especially against opponents who will take liberal shots on the river as well as opponents who are apt to pay off a bet with a lesser pair on the river, but not on the turn.

As you played it, I would fold the turn check-raise, and it isn't even close. You said it: it wasn't a crazy table.

Garland

fsuplayer 09-18-2005 05:34 PM

preflop i reraise w QQ about as much as I call with it.

just to mix things up a bit.

Popinjay 09-18-2005 05:42 PM

Call. He has AK, maybe AQ, or a pocket pair lower than yours. I think rarely he has a boat.

greg nice 09-18-2005 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call. He has AK, maybe AQ, or a pocket pair lower than yours. I think rarely he has a boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

"well considering its me playing 100-200 and you and popin playing breakeven 4c-8c stud i will use my line in the future"

Rolen 09-18-2005 07:45 PM

I can't see you beating much here, maybe AK [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?

Allinlife 09-18-2005 08:34 PM

according to your reads, it doesn't look like you guys were playing at each other much...so I would probably lay it down.

I think JJ is best you can hope for here with Tx,AA/KK being his likely range.

kagame 09-18-2005 10:10 PM

are you serious?

btw i love how villain played this

think of how great a play this is if he DOES do it with big draws, you can call a bet on the turn, but you need a set or maybe AA to call this check raise AND if you check behind he gets the river for free

brilliant as long as its not just a set 100% of the time

btw what about ATs

ObnxNole 09-18-2005 11:37 PM

Seems like an overbet Mikey... if he AA or KK then so be it... I call.

IHateCats 09-18-2005 11:47 PM

An obvious question on your stats on Villan, don't you adjust the gametime window for # of people at the table?

Obviously any players stats if they aren't for within 1-2 of the # of people sitting at the table will be very misleading.

This is one of those hands where I find PT stats very, very useful because the looseness, pfr % and agression #'s for a player are the best things you have to go on here. It's such a silly overbet but it could just as easily be AA or KK who doesn't want to face a tough decision as a 10 of some sort; it's a very tough call requiring some sort of read on your opponent but there a few 10/20 regulars who I call this instantly, specifically 1 8 tabling nut peddler who plays AK exactly this way on a paired board.