Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   So I Kicked an Old Lady to the Curb Tonite (long) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400074)

Doc7 12-17-2005 03:10 AM

Re: So I Kicked an Old Lady to the Curb Tonite (long)

[ QUOTE ]
grandpas dont seem to suck as bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

My grandpa asked me "So have you <censored> a girl yet?" this summer when my parents were temporarily out of the room.

I looked up, said "Excuse me?!" he said "What?" and i went back to watching TV. It was kind of awkward

InchoateHand 12-17-2005 03:11 AM

Nice work.

12-17-2005 03:18 AM

Doc,

I really think your grandfather is way more awesome than you give him credit for, you should not have shut that convo down.

OP,

You should have seen this coming. Clearly grandma was an awful choice and is just an evening ruiner in general. However once she arrives I don't see any better way to play it all out. Well done.

Perrier

man 12-17-2005 03:27 AM

I think this was nearly perfectly played. congrats. as the host, you have a responsibility to maintain a respectful atmosphere (or some [censored] like that).

I will say that it doesn't hurt to consider the fact that most old ladies are miserable and unhealthy, and they take it out on other people by being rude. I mean they're human. not saying that's the case here or that it excuses her actions, but maybe if you had fewer beers you could've found a nicer way to kick her out.

POTW, dare I say??

astroglide 12-17-2005 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My grandpa asked me "So have you <censored> a girl yet?" this summer when my parents were temporarily out of the room.

I looked up, said "Excuse me?!" he said "What?" and i went back to watching TV. It was kind of awkward

[/ QUOTE ]

your grandpa sounds [censored] awesome

from your "excuse me?" response you sound decidedly non-awesome

Doc7 12-17-2005 03:35 AM

The guy was a minister for like 50 years of his life...he was a chaplain in the army in WWII ... it was the comment i LEAST expected to come out of his mouth

12-17-2005 03:42 AM

Doc,

THAT IS WHY HE'S OBVIOUSLY SO AWESOME!

On a very serious note, connect with your grandfather man, obviously he is the man.

Perrier

youtalkfunny 12-17-2005 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Get the hell out of my house you ungrateful, rude old bat. We have you over to our house and all you do is insult us and our friends. Here's your stuff, there's the door. Out."

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a way I can frame that? It ought to be immortalized, somehow.

Iplayragstoo 12-17-2005 03:48 AM

You sir, is da man!

astroglide 12-17-2005 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The guy was a minister for like 50 years of his life...he was a chaplain in the army in WWII ... it was the comment i LEAST expected to come out of his mouth

[/ QUOTE ]

you're just making it worse. that guy rules.