Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Make the nets smaller... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=216959)

SeattleJake 03-20-2005 10:54 PM

Make the nets smaller...

I'm always tempted to post my 1/2 games here, since well, I like to feel like I'm playing in the mid-, high-stakes games, and it's too crushing to click on that small stakes link. Could we maybe get a pinned post at the top of this list, to remind me what this particular forum is for, so that I won't be tempted to make such an imperspicacious error?

Usagi_yo 03-20-2005 10:59 PM

Re: Make the nets smaller...

Just stretch the truth a bit and make believe it was a mid limit game. I'm only comfortable in 5-5 blind and don't play higher NL games, but do play 10-10 PL. So I just slip in there, but the quality of questions and advice here is so much better then the micro-limit.

SeattleJake 03-20-2005 11:11 PM

:-|

fimbulwinter 03-20-2005 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm always tempted to post my 1/2 games here, since well, I like to feel like I'm playing in the mid-, high-stakes games, and it's too crushing to click on that small stakes link.

[/ QUOTE ]

give it time. eventually, it just becomes BB's and hourly rate.

[ QUOTE ]
Could we maybe get a pinned post at the top of this list, to remind me what this particular forum is for, so that I won't be tempted to make such an imperspicacious error?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO posts here should have BB > $4 and stacks deeper than 1K. below either of those numbers and you can't go wrong posting in SSNL.

fim

SeattleJake 03-20-2005 11:43 PM

Thanks Fim. I was really just trying to be nice about it. I read both forums, but for different reasons naturally. The quality of the responses, to some extent -- but also the quality of the games. It's very educational to see the difference in how people play between the stakes (I am small stakes). But then you run into a post that belongs in the other forum, and the responses invariably run:

1) Why are you playing that from there with this.

2) Wrong forum.

3) Flame for either 1 or 2.

So I thought a pinned post may help eleviate the discomfort.

[ QUOTE ]
IMO posts here should have BB > $4 and stacks deeper than 1K. below either of those numbers and you can't go wrong posting in SSNL.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm talking about. I thought I saw something not to long ago about such a faq, but that would naturally preclude solving the problem. Do you see why? (AWTDT.)

fsuplayer 03-21-2005 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Could we maybe get a pinned post at the top of this list, to remind me what this particular forum is for?

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree that this, or something very similar would be a good idea.

AncientPC 03-21-2005 12:30 AM

Ditto, I had no idea what MHNL stakes consisted of until I started browsing the forum on a regular basis and even then a lot of 2/4 or 1/2 NL hands find their way here.