Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Brazilo vs Sporky 3/6 hand (3 handed) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=365017)

oreogod 10-25-2005 08:10 AM

Brazilo vs Sporky 3/6 hand (3 handed)

Not my hand, as said title says...anyway, talked with Brazilio about this hand and if I was sporky I know what my action would be here...but wanted to see what others said.

Sporky holds 99 on the button (3handed).

Sporky raises, SB folds, Brazilio in the BB calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4ish sbs)

Braz checks, Spork bets, Braz Raises, Spork 3bets, Braz Caps. Spork calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6ish BBs)

Braz bets, Spork does what....

(I will post the rest of the turn action later.)

xCEO 10-25-2005 09:19 AM

Re: Brazilo vs Sporky 3/6 hand (3 handed)

sporky calls down and loses to QTo?

DMBFan23 10-25-2005 09:40 AM

calls down?

imitation 10-25-2005 10:21 AM

call the flop CR and the turn bet then pop the river.

Terrabon98 10-25-2005 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
call the flop CR and the turn bet then pop the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

why? If he's beat, he will likely be 3-bet since the only possibly holdings are a slowplayed overpair or a 10. If he capped the flop with a flush draw or middle pair, he's not payin off an extra bet on the river, so why would you raise the river when you're almost never going to get called by worse hands, and you will get 3-bet a lot? I call down in case he was on the flush/straight draw or a lower pair.

VBM 10-25-2005 12:21 PM

mmm, i'm not sure how sporky's table image was, and what brazilio's was, but on the surface of it, if I didn't think braz was being cute, I'd mostly fold/sometimes call down expecting brazilio to have T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x or something.

I could maybe see defending with something like A7, but the postflop action doesn't seem consistent with that type of hand.

TStoneMBD 10-25-2005 12:24 PM

calls down.

Sporky 10-25-2005 03:36 PM

this hand makes me cry a little

thanks for the input guys

brazilio 10-25-2005 04:04 PM

This hand needs a bit of input, I think. Sporky and I had been playing at the same tables shorthanded, mostly blinds stuff. I'd had a low pp, and he'd incorrectly told me that "when you donkbet the turn it just screams you want to fold". I was getting the idea he was playing back at me aggressively, but I think that was just because he was getting better cards.

I think the interesting thing here is that against a thinking TAG you can't assume their turn donkbet means crap like it often does against an unthinking opponent.

xCEO 10-26-2005 03:49 AM

Donk betting against a TAG (with a good hand) works very well if he doesn't know that you are a good player.