Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Obsessive-compulsive walking patterns / cracks / lines / etc. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=344928)

Yeti 09-27-2005 06:39 AM

Re: Obsessive-compulsive walking patterns / cracks / lines / etc.

[ QUOTE ]
OK, I'm calling BS on this entire thread. WTF????? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

WackityWhiz 09-27-2005 07:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok does anyone else do this:
I prefer not to step on cracks when i start thinking about it, but if i'm already walking and talking to someone i won't make a big deal of it etc. However, sometimes, i'll be counting in my head the number of steps between the cracks and then trying to make a pattern out of it and if i go out of that pattern it feels a bit strange. like 1 2 3 1 2 1 2 3 1 2 (steps between each crack).

Anyone else do something like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. almost word-for-word.

[/ QUOTE ]

same here...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly... cept I usually go 2,3,2,3,2,3... on the 3's the first step barely makes it over the crack, second step in the middle, and third step just before the crack. Then the next one is easy to make it in 2. It's always a challenge to step just over the crack on the "3" squares.

I probably look like a tard, but I can't help it.

09-27-2005 07:20 AM

yeah thought i was the only one with this kind of stupid thing. when going by car to somewhere(passanger seat) i hold the breath when car is passing a street light unless im talking with someone. gets annoying after a while.

Other thing is if I see a huge outside temperature meter or an offer ill have to do some basic calculations.
I.e if the tempretature is +19, my head automaticly goes "1+9=10, 10*10=100, 100+100=200", you get the idea.

Slow Play Ray 09-27-2005 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I always pictured the guy on a skateboard grinding along the power lines and sometimes hopping from billboard to billboard.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] ditto. sometimes a skateboard, sometimes a dirt bike.

TheWorstPlayer 09-27-2005 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you concerned about physically harming a loved one, pushing a stranger in front of a bus, steering your car into oncoming traffic; inappropriate sexual contact; or poisoning dinner guests?

[/ QUOTE ]

I found that question strange because I was like:

Are you concerned about:

physically harming a loved one - WTF, OF COURSE NOT YOU PSYCHOPATH!

pushing a stranger in front of a bus - UH, OF COURSE!

steering your car into oncoming traffic - HELL, YEAH!

inappropriate sexual contact - WTF, NO YOU PERVERT!;

poisoning dinner guests - WTF KIND OF CRAZY QUESTION IS THIS, HELL NO!

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha, this is great. My thoughts almost word for word. Made me laugh, too.

Aces McGee 09-27-2005 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I prefer not to step on cracks when i start thinking about it, but if i'm already walking and talking to someone i won't make a big deal of it etc. However, sometimes, i'll be counting in my head the number of steps between the cracks and then trying to make a pattern out of it and if i go out of that pattern it feels a bit strange. like 1 2 3 1 2 1 2 3 1 2 (steps between each crack).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

-McGee

Shajen 09-27-2005 10:09 AM

Sometimes I find myself doing this unconsciously...like if I'm concentrating on a problem or something, I'll look down and realize I'm not stepping on cracks and stuff.

It's annoying to me. I consciously make myself step on the crack just to break the pattern.

I never said I wasn't weird.

B Dids 09-27-2005 10:28 AM

I very much do this. Aviod cracks, step in the middle of squares. If a square is big, I will take smaller steps that I have an evenly spaced foot pattern through the steps.

I do a lot of minor OCD stuff like that. It's fun.

B Dids 09-27-2005 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally.

B Dids 09-27-2005 10:34 AM

I also do the laser thing, or sometimes I just imagine that somebody really fast is jumping off of the little roadside things you see and keeping up with the car.