Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Daily Hand Post : KJo in LMP (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=270156)

DMBFan23 06-10-2005 04:32 PM

Re: Daily Hand Post : KJo in LMP

I guess I'm specifically asking about Q hands, TT, JJ, KK, AA. then there's A high for which I can expect a split, K high which is probably borderline but can expect him to fold K high, and J high or worse for which I really would like him to fold any K high or A high

I ain't ahead with no 88 here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

dealer_toe 06-10-2005 04:34 PM

I like the play w/ AK and AJ also, which I'm sure is your point, because you're representing those hands. How does the button play the flop bad? If he is usually too aggressive, then you can rule out a Q or much of a piece of that flop.

If he thinks you have an UI ace, he's likely to raise on on the flop or turn somewhere.

I'm thinking villain has 88 or so, and that was a good c/r for value. AK he's 3betting preflop, AQ he's popping it somewhere, AJ or worse he isn't CC. Any PP higher than the 99 he's popping it somewhere too, so I think K high is good here.

PokerSparky 06-10-2005 04:40 PM

From OP description of the button, I think we can include Ax in his range of hands.

I guess I feel like a crappy post flop player here is calling with his A more often than not. That being said, I don't think this play has to work more than 50% of the time to be profitable. So yeah, I like it.

JoshuaD 06-10-2005 04:42 PM

I don't know about at those limits, but down at 2/4 and 3/6 there are alot of guys who can play a Q or a 9 this way. With a specific read this makes more sense to me, but against unknowns at those levels I think it's just spewing.

I'm very likely to be wrong though.

jskills 06-10-2005 04:43 PM

So the assumption here is that villan was bluffing at the river and is going to fold for 1 more bet or that K high is good here?

sorry to be dense ...

brettbrettr 06-10-2005 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So the assumption here is that villan was bluffing at the river and is going to fold for 1 more bet or that K high is good here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Both.

meep_42 06-10-2005 04:47 PM

Sometimes K-high is good here, (against PPs<9 and JT), and those times this raise is as good as a call, since he'll almost never bluff-3bet.

It's the other times we're concerned about, we want to encourage villain to lay down A/K high.

-d

jskills 06-10-2005 04:58 PM

Thanks - that's a new one for me.

good [censored] ...

Klepton 06-10-2005 05:37 PM

thank you for posting this

this is a perfect example of a hand that should be posted here

toss 06-10-2005 05:55 PM

So a bad player will usually raise with a 9 or Q on the flop or turn into the PF raiser?