Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Omaha on Paradise any good? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407611)

Lafortezza 12-30-2005 04:24 AM

Omaha on Paradise any good?

I'm switching between Party/UB/Stars lately and the average pot sizes on UB are way below those on Party. There's not many sites with large player pools for Omaha so I downloaded Paradise to have a look at the options there.

There seems to be a reasonable amount of tables going at around the PL$100 level, but is the standard any good?

thanks.

bholdr 12-30-2005 05:46 AM

Re: Omaha on Paradise any good?

[ QUOTE ]
'm switching between Party/UB/Stars lately and the average pot sizes on UB are way below those on Party. There's not many sites with large player pools for Omaha so I downloaded Paradise to have a look at the options there.

There seems to be a reasonable amount of tables going at around the PL$100 level, but is the standard any good?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. shhhh.

12-31-2005 12:36 AM

You can't compare pot sizes for Party and other sites because Party includes uncalled bets in their pot size avg. UB has good games, and Paradise is the softest of all.

Lafortezza 12-31-2005 12:47 AM

I found UB to be incredibly tough personally, even the baby limits.

chekthastak 12-31-2005 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be new to Omaha, UB is soft, however it is tougher now than it was just a month ago. Well not really tougher but people don't make as bad of calls as they used to. But the play is still pretty transparent. I was strictly a Hold'em player until about a month ago when I started playing Omaha on UB and now I rarely play hold'em cash games.

Lafortezza 12-31-2005 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be new to Omaha, UB is soft, however it is tougher now than it was just a month ago. Well not really tougher but people don't make as bad of calls as they used to. But the play is still pretty transparent. I was strictly a Hold'em player until about a month ago when I started playing Omaha on UB and now I rarely play hold'em cash games.

[/ QUOTE ]On Party I'm a 10-15BB/100 winner at all levels up to PL$400 over 25k hands so I'm not *that* new to Omaha. I'm breaking even on UB over about 5k hands.

The lower limits seem much tighter and more aggressive on UB, more raising preflop and less payoffs by weaker hands like lower straights K-flushes and underfulls.
Maybe it's just variance.

chekthastak 12-31-2005 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]On Party I'm a 10-15BB/100 winner at all levels up to PL$400 over 25k hands so I'm not *that* new to Omaha. I'm breaking even on UB over about 5k hands.

The lower limits seem much tighter and more aggressive on UB, more raising preflop and less payoffs by weaker hands like lower straights K-flushes and underfulls.
Maybe it's just variance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, I've never played on Party so comparitively speaking it may be tougher. Maybe since it's the only site I've played on significantly and I've seen some very bad players it doesn't seem tough at all to me. Give it time, you'll adjust and it'll seem very easy to you as well.