Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Follow up to Doyles bid for the wpt (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399887)

david050173 12-16-2005 07:57 PM

Follow up to Doyles bid for the wpt

msnbc
Not exactly unexpected

UATrewqaz 12-16-2005 08:04 PM

Re: Follow up to Doyles bid for the wpt

Doyle has 700 million dollars?

I wonder if he's good at poker or if he's just running good....

adanthar 12-16-2005 08:37 PM

He doesn't, it was a pump and dump. The SEC is just trying to find out which of Doyle's friends acquired a few million shares of WPT stock right before the news came out.

Overdrive 12-16-2005 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doyle's sample size is too small. He has only been playing for like 50+ years. In order to be statistically correct he would have to play for 178 years, 7 months, 13 days, 4 hours, and seven minutes. It's too early to tell if Doyle is truely a winning player in the long run. He truely might just be a bad player on a winning streak.

A_C_Slater 12-16-2005 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doyle's sample size is too small. He has only been playing for like 50+ years. In order to be statistically correct he would have to play for 178 years, 7 months, 13 days, 4 hours, and seven minutes. It's too early to tell if Doyle is truely a winning player in the long run. He truely might just be a bad player on a winning streak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, especially since he primarily plays B&M and we all know that you only get about 35 hands an hour there. I think Gigabet may be the world's only proven winner since he's been 8 tabling for years. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

DHamilton97 12-16-2005 10:07 PM

Is it illegal to do such a thing ? I mean how would they prove this ... Seems like it would be just 100% circumstancial evidence without any witnesses.

Jimbo 12-16-2005 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it illegal to do such a thing ?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't be serious!

12-17-2005 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it illegal to do such a thing ? I mean how would they prove this ... Seems like it would be just 100% circumstancial evidence without any witnesses.

[/ QUOTE ]

...just ask Martha Stewart.

tylerdurden 12-17-2005 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...just ask Martha Stewart.

[/ QUOTE ]

They never proved Martha did anything like this. They nailed her on a bogus "lying to a federal investigator" charge because they couldn't make the insder trading charges stick.

12-17-2005 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They never proved Martha did anything like this. They nailed her on a bogus "lying to a federal investigator" charge because they couldn't make the insder trading charges stick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, just responding to the poster who asked if insider trading was illegal.

okay, I change my comment to "just ask Samuel Waksal" (the guy who pled guilty to insider trading charges in the Stewart case).