Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   somewhat old KQs hand from my notes (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=335573)

milesdyson 09-13-2005 12:10 AM

somewhat old KQs hand from my notes

i was just looking over some random hands, and i found this one. i thought it was interesting. what i have written (and their stats, which i may or may not have had access to at the time):

KQs 12584 coldcaller's an idiot lag

MP: 57/12/1.5 (65 hands)
Button: 50/13.2/1 (68 hands)

even though they have similar stats, button was really on a tear at this table (MP was not). because of that i probably only saw him play good hands well, and i used to only take notes on the bad players (at least who i thought looked bad). that said, here's the hand:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

River: (18.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font> ...

Russ McGinley 09-13-2005 12:20 AM

Re: somewhat old KQs hand from my notes

Based on his river call I would discount Button beating you now so its really a matter of this MP1. I can't see AJ or J9 playing this way so I'm not worried about that. A check/3-bet on the turn isn't done by a heart flush draw so I'm not worried there. The only hands I can really put MP1 on is two pair or a set of deuces or eights. Also I suppose there is a chance he has Kh-xh.

Button looks like he has AA/AK/AQ FWIW.

milesdyson 09-13-2005 12:24 AM

this is a good post.

gharp 09-13-2005 12:25 AM

First of all, congrats on the CarpalTunnely-ness of this post.

Second, I like that river raise. I think at worst you're chopping with idiot LAGs KQ, button's AA is no good, and your raise is making him pay a bit extra to the both of you. And at best you're beating some crap that idiot lag is holding (like K8) too.

Redd 09-13-2005 12:26 AM

Why didn't you check-raise the flop?

09-13-2005 12:26 AM

I'm a little worried that you're behind the Button and that he's afraid of the flush. I'm a little too weak tight in these situations.

I'm interested though in why you didn't lead or c/r the flop.

bozlax 09-13-2005 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

milesdyson 09-13-2005 12:35 AM

i made a mistake in posting those stats. this hand was the 16th at the table - enough for me to think MP was really terrible and that button was actually good.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
because i really didn't care about MP calling and i'm either way ahead or way behind button (if he has AA i have 5 outs, but AK, AQ, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, and 99 all fall into the category). my position also sucks later in the hand.

i'm not, however, saying that i am sure i'm right, because i'm not. i still would play this hand the same way if it ever happened again, fwiw.

Sightless 09-13-2005 12:37 AM

Id Check Raise the flop -_- to see where you are in a hand

milesdyson 09-13-2005 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Id Check Raise the flop -_- to see where you are in a hand

[/ QUOTE ]
tell me what to do when i pay for that information.