Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   GTA: San Andreas for PC; Need help (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=278773)

Daliman 06-23-2005 03:30 AM

GTA: San Andreas for PC; Need help

#1 Is it just me, or is shooting at people in this WAY harder than any FPS game?
#2 How the F do you get the timing down in the lowrider challaenge. When I wait until the arrow is directly inside the box, or even JUST entering the box, I always get a "too late", if i do it a bit before, it almost seems to randomly tell me bad or good, but either way, I can't beat this. In a VERY similar minigame in the Leisure Suit Larry game, I do great, and that one is MUCH faster. ANy ideas?

AngryCola 06-23-2005 03:35 AM

Re: GTA: San Andreas for PC; Need help

I'm playing this on Xbox, and have had no problems with what you are describing. The latest PC Gamer has a review which gave the PC version a very high score. It didn't mention any real control issues.

I'm guessing you just need to time it a bit better in the lowrider challenges. Do you also struggle with the dance challenges?

As for aiming, there should be a way to lock-on to enemies. I would be very surprised if this feature isn't in the PC version. So, locking on is obviously easy.
Crouch for better aiming while not locked on.

Daliman 06-23-2005 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm playing this on Xbox, and have had no problems with what you are describing. The latest PC Gamer has a review which gave the PC version a very high score. It didn't mention any real control issues.

I'm guessing you just need to time it a bit better in the lowrider challenges. Do you also struggle with the dance challenges?

As for aiming, there should be a way to lock-on to enemies. I would be very surprised if this feature isn't in the PC version. So, locking on is obviously easy.
Crouch for better aiming while not locked on.

[/ QUOTE ]
FOr shooting, maybe I'm Missing something then. When I first got a gun, it said I could scroll targets with a certain key, but that never worked. This may have something to do with me changing some of the keys' functions, where there is overlap; I'll look into that.

As far as the dancing, I haven't gotten there yet. I got the Prima GTA:SA guide and it's not much help. I am trying to finish the Cesar Vilapondo mission.

Saw the PCG article, which is why i got the game, my first ever GTA.

vulturesrow 06-23-2005 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
#1 Is it just me, or is shooting at people in this WAY harder than any FPS game?

[/ QUOTE ]

AUto-target is your friend. You mentioned you might have remapped, check to make sure you didnt.

[ QUOTE ]
#2 How the F do you get the timing down in the lowrider challaenge. When I wait until the arrow is directly inside the box, or even JUST entering the box, I always get a "too late", if i do it a bit before, it almost seems to randomly tell me bad or good, but either way, I can't beat this. In a VERY similar minigame in the Leisure Suit Larry game, I do great, and that one is MUCH faster. ANy ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

The trick really is to listen to the beat of the music and use that as your timing for hitting the buttons. Ive done pretty well on this mini-game using this method. I know thats sort of vague but I am pretty sure you will see what I am talking about. I really dont try to time the button in the circle precisely.

oreogod 06-23-2005 07:13 AM

Anybody who played the PS2 version notice a big jump graphically with the Xbox version?

Need to see if I should pick up a copy, just dont want to waste my time if its a "port"

raisethatmofo 06-23-2005 07:22 AM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Daliman 06-23-2005 10:26 AM

Yeah, I'm using keyboard/mouse, as it is on my laptop,(My only comp, currently.) Kinda cumbersome.

-Skeme- 06-23-2005 10:29 AM

Doom 3 is cool.

Daliman 06-23-2005 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doom 3 is cool.

[/ QUOTE ]
DId Half-life 2 instead. Way better from what I hear. Liked it lots.

MoreWineII 06-23-2005 11:13 AM

I always hold the right mouse button and bring up the targetting thingie. Using that, I haven't had any problems shooting.

The lowrider part sucked. Try & wait until the arrow is all the way inside before clicking. The arrow will light up as a denser blue color than if you miss. I seem to have gotten more points just by concentrating on a few and getting them perfectly aligned rather than trying to get *all* the arrows.