Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   16 team FFL draft question (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=321386)

NotMitch 08-23-2005 07:01 PM

16 team FFL draft question

In a league where QB's score a bit better than RB's and I'm picking 3rd, 30th and 35th generally speaking do I want to take a QB or RB with my first pick?

nolanfan34 08-23-2005 07:26 PM

Re: 16 team FFL draft question

I think you have to take a RB #3. The question is whether you'd rather have your first three players be Manning, Arrington, Bell, or Priest/Alexander, Cadillac, Chad Johnson, for example. I'd rather have the latter, and pick up a QB in the 4th or 5th.

NotMitch 08-23-2005 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to take a RB #3. The question is whether you'd rather have your first three players be Manning, Arrington, Bell, or Priest/Alexander, Cadillac, Chad Johnson, for example. I'd rather have the latter, and pick up a QB in the 4th or 5th.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, the draft is in an hour and though most years I'm not a FFL all star I do ok, but with 16 teams and very little prep time I'm in trouble.

nolanfan34 08-23-2005 08:07 PM

Pay very, very close attention to bye weeks. In a 16 team league there won't be much on the waiver wire, and if you have multiple guys with the same bye, you're screwed.

Dynasty 08-23-2005 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...if you have multiple guys with the same bye, you're screwed.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true. In fact, having lots of your top guys on a bye week at the same time can be helpful. You'll almost certainly lose that week's game. But, you'll be at nearly full strength all the other weeks.

CD56 08-23-2005 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true. In fact, having lots of your top guys on a bye week at the same time can be helpful. You'll almost certainly lose that week's game. But, you'll be at nearly full strength all the other weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think this plan works very well, there's only four teams on bye each week, not enough to field a starting lineup, i think you're better off trying to spread out your bye weeks and planning weeks ahead by picking up future needs on the waiver wire early

NotMitch 08-23-2005 09:03 PM

I took the Priest at 3. LT and Manning went 1 2.

Jeff W 08-23-2005 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I took the Priest at 3. LT and Manning went 1 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

That pick is a little risky. I would probably have taken Shaun Alexander, especially in a 16 team league where it's tough to handcuff Larry Johnson.

bugstud 08-23-2005 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think this plan works very well, there's only four teams on bye each week, not enough to field a starting lineup, i think you're better off trying to spread out your bye weeks and planning weeks ahead by picking up future needs on the waiver wire early

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how bye weeks work this year but last year I planned mine around the KC offense. This year in one league I'm trying to do it around SD.