Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   First movie you ever saw at the cinema (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=357185)

yoadrians 10-13-2005 09:28 PM

First movie you ever saw at the cinema

I was just sitting at work, waiting for something to do, and I caught myself daydreaming about going to the movies when I get done tonight. Popcorn. Mountain Dew. Snickers Poppables. MMMMMMM.

Anyways, got me thinking: What's the first movie you ever went to see at the theater?

For me, it was Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back, in Oshkosh, WI, when I was almost 4 years old. Great memory. Went with my dad - the first of many movie trips we've made together over the years.

How about you guys?

utmt40 10-13-2005 09:29 PM

Re: First movie you ever saw at the cinema

Batteries not included

ddollevoet 10-13-2005 09:30 PM

I'm old.

The Shaggy D.A. at the Viking Theater on College Avenue in Appleton.

peachy 10-13-2005 09:31 PM

one of the 1st i can remember was Karate Kid and Willow...i know i saw ones before this...my dad MADE me go see Gremlins...id have to think hard to remember other ones...i can remember the little mermaid but for all of these i was 7+ or so...and i can remember tricking my great aunt into taking me to see When Harry Met Sally when i was like 9

Dominic 10-13-2005 09:35 PM

a re-issue of Peter Pan when I was 4...my Uncle Mike took me. We're talking 1967...i remember being awestruck at the size of the theater...biggest room of all-time! and what's this? a counter that serves nothing but candy, soda and popcorn?? Holy crap!

And then the movie started and I thought I was watching actual magic.

One of my favorite memories.

Hamish McBagpipe 10-13-2005 09:36 PM

My Dad took me to see Jaws when it came out. I was 6. First movie I went to. The shrieking and jumping in the audience was something I never forgot. Only when Schindler's List came out in '93 did I see reactions from an audience that were as pronounced. At Schindler's List I saw a couple of fights break out between older folks and kids who were laughing. Spielberg, if anything, is a master exploiter of the audience.

yoadrians 10-13-2005 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a re-issue of Peter Pan when I was 4...my Uncle Mike took me. We're talking 1967...i remember being awestruck at the size of the theater...biggest room of all-time! and what's this? a counter that serves nothing but candy, soda and popcorn?? Holy crap!

And then the movie started and I thought I was watching actual magic.

One of my favorite memories.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good description. My experience was basically the same thing.

PhatTBoll 10-13-2005 09:37 PM

The Road Warrior. I was 3. My older brothers took me.

10-13-2005 09:41 PM

ET, and I cried like a little girl.

peachy 10-13-2005 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ET, and I cried like a little girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this was one of my 1st movies...i was very very very young and barely remember it...but i remember my dad making a big deal out of it