Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   He called me a fish (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=377581)

Guy McSucker 11-13-2005 02:59 PM

He called me a fish

Yes, I got called a fish, which I undoubtedly am, but they usually don't notice.

I thought this was all standard stuff. Anyone think different?

Villain is a TAG of the weak variety, but not so weak he won't semibluff.

Party $5/10. I have A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and open raise. The BB defends and we take the flop heads up.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

He check-raises my autobet and I call getting 7-1.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He bets. I call getting 5-1.

The rest is easy: I hit the 9 and manage to put a few bets in on the river before getting called a fish.

So did I do anything fishy or not?

Guy.

sweetjazz 11-13-2005 03:05 PM

Re: He called me a fish

Looks good to me. Did you get villain to do more than bet-call the river?

You know that most people who call other players fish aren't particularly good.

11-13-2005 03:31 PM

Standard, sometimes I 3-bet the flop if the c/r can be a draw

jason_t 11-13-2005 03:34 PM

The turn is close depending on villain.

einbert 11-13-2005 03:36 PM

Folding in this hand before the river would have been quite bad.

I would three-bet the flop here a goodly percentage of the time.

einbert 11-13-2005 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] What range of hands do you put him on?

I have a very hard time coming up with a range that gives us less than 1/3 pot equity. My guess is that against the average TAG we have about 40% pot equity here. I don't think the turn call is close at all.

jason_t 11-13-2005 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] What range of hands do you put him on?

I have a very hard time coming up with a range that gives us less than 1/3 pot equity. My guess is that against the average TAG we have about 40% pot equity here. I don't think the turn call is close at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is a TAG of the weak variety, but not so weak he won't semibluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I'm curious what your range is.

jason_t 11-13-2005 04:20 PM

Yeah, 40% seems way too high to me.

einbert 11-13-2005 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I'm curious what your range is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not taking into account diamond draws, this is my range (of course including diamond draws we would have even more equity than this):

66+, A9s-A6s, KTs-K6s, Q6s+, J7s+, T7s+, 97s+, 87s, ATo-A6o, KTo-K7o, QTo-Q8o, J8o+, T9o

And against that range I have us at 42.9% equity. I don't see why this is such a stretch?

I certainly can't see any range for the TAG that makes the turn call "close." Even if he is weak.

istewart 11-13-2005 11:08 PM

Are you planning on showing down UI though? Because if he's betting a large percentage of this range on the river, the fact that we're ahead of king high or something is not very relevant if you're folding to a river bet.

FWIW, obviously he's not betting these hands every time, or maybe even close to everytime, on the river (does he have KTs here though??). I think once you factor in this turn call as a "free-showdown call" some portion of the time you can definitely make it. My point was just that your actual equity here is misleading.