Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Where would a 14 year old boy want to go with his father? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=295223)

davidross 07-18-2005 11:59 AM

Where would a 14 year old boy want to go with his father?

I'd like to take my son somewhere special for a few days before he starts high school in September, but I'm at a complete loss as to where to go. He's going to a cottage on the lake with his uncle and brother for a week, and we all go to the beach in Maine fora week, so I'd like to dosomething different with just the two of us.

Unfortunately he's not a big sports fan, with my younger son I'd just look for some baseball games or NFL pre-season and plan a trip around that. I'm torn between staying in Canada or opening it up to anywhere. I'd like there to be some physical excercise involved too.

My canadian thoughts so far were Vancouver, with a trip to whistler and maybe a whale watching trip, or Edmonton where the attrations at the West Edmonton Mall would interest him, and a trip into the Rockies at Jasper would be nice.

FOr a US trip I was thinking maybe San Diego or San Francisco. I'm totally open to suggestions.

Anyone?

kyro 07-18-2005 12:05 PM

Re: Where would a 14 year old boy want to go with his father?

I would pick something cheap because I highly doubt you have money to just be tossing around.

All kidding aside, what DOES he like? Is he an outdoorsy person? Does he like to sit inside and play video games?

[censored] 07-18-2005 12:06 PM

Hi David.

I think it really depends what types of things he is interested in. Unfortunately a 14yr old boy may be interested in nothing at all but girls and his friends.

I think the SD area would be a good choice as there are lots of places you can go and spend a day having fun.

If he is into nature at all how about a white water rafting/ camping trip of somekind?

kiffl 07-18-2005 12:06 PM

If he likes poker, teach him how to play and open him an account somewhere.

jakethebake 07-18-2005 12:07 PM

Deep sea fishing trip? Camping and hiking?

swede123 07-18-2005 12:08 PM

Definitely gladiator movies.

Swede

Popinjay 07-18-2005 12:09 PM

Some kind of amusement park with huge roller coasters.

bosoxfan 07-18-2005 12:09 PM

When I was 15 we went on a trip with school to Montreal and spent the weekend drinking in strip clubs. I still smile when I think about it. But if my Dad was there it would have been wierd, so it's probably not a good idea.

hoyaboy1 07-18-2005 12:10 PM

You could ask him where he wants to go

jakethebake 07-18-2005 12:12 PM

City Slickers-style Dude Ranch?