Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   January goals post (and December revisited) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405719)

teamdonkey 12-27-2005 03:02 AM

January goals post (and December revisited)

Here's a list to last month's goals post. Compare your goals with what you actually did in December, then post your goals for January.

here's my December post:

[ QUOTE ]
-finally get a 10k hand month in
-get comfortable at 0.50/1.00
-go through PT after each session and replay the hands i lost the most in

[/ QUOTE ]

-will only finish with about 9k hands (B-)
-all of that was at 0.50/1 NL and I'm very comfortable there now (A+)
-reviewed hands for a couple days, then got lazy (D)

January goals:

-move up to 1/2, get comfortable there
-post a hand here every day, and reply to at least one other hand thread

Fallen Hero 12-27-2005 03:33 AM

Re: January goals post (and December revisited)

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a list to last month's goals post. Compare your goals with what you actually did in December, then post your goals for January.

here's my December post:

[ QUOTE ]
-get comfortable at 0.50/1.00
-go through PT after each session and replay the hands i lost the most in

[/ QUOTE ]

-will only finish with about 9k hands (B-)
-all of that was at 0.50/1 NL and I'm very comfortable there now (A+)
-reviewed hands for a couple days, then got lazy (D)

January goals:

-move up to 1/2, get comfortable there
-post a hand here every day, and reply to at least one other hand thread

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm:
play 40k hands
be happy with my play for the at least 30 of those 40k hands.

that's about it

PS: reviewing the hands you lost money with seems a bit strange (as a method) since you can misplay a bunch of hands you win and play perfectly in 90% of your big pots lost, just a thought.

PPS: nice thread

12-27-2005 03:39 AM

only 30 hands? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Fallen Hero 12-27-2005 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
only 30 hands? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at least I won't be disappointed at the end of the month [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

snowbank 12-27-2005 04:08 AM

PS: reviewing the hands you lost money with seems a bit strange (as a method) since you can misplay a bunch of hands you win and play perfectly in 90% of your big pots lost, just a thought.

I agree. As soon as I question a hand at all, whether I win or lose it, I e-mail it to myself. I probably have 200+ in my e-mail account that I still have to go through. If I won it, I still could have played it wrong, so I e-mail all those too. Poker tracker won't tell you when you misplayed a winning hand.

12-27-2005 04:27 AM

My goals are:

1)Become more comfortable with .10/.25 at party- I've only been playing there about 2weeks and am just starting to play comfortably.

2)Work on my game; reviewing hands in PT that I feel I misplayed, post hands that I feel are questionable, reread TOP.

3)Make $300-500 playing $25NL and/or play 10,000hands

4)Become more familiar with Poker Tracker.

5)Don't go on tilt for a week and blow $150 stupidly

Logik 12-27-2005 04:37 AM

Current BR: $750
Goal BR: $1250

Stakes: 50NL

Wish me luck =)

snowbank 12-27-2005 04:42 AM

Put in enough hands you'll make $500+ in rakeback easy.

12-27-2005 04:54 AM

<ul type="square">[*]20,000 hands of NL100 by janurary 15 (back to school...)[*]get my wtsd% back around 55% (no, he wasnt bluffing a missed draw! [censored])[*]and then move up, as I should be well overrolled for the 200s after 20k more hands of nl100.[*]Come up with a decent system to track my sessions better, mostly for tax purposes (if I don't pay this year I'm definitely gonna have to pay next year)[*]learn the structure of the pt db so I can customize my own sql queries for my own analysis[/list]oh and own all you kiddies at the insuficiently funded geniouses of poker tourny

Fallen Hero 12-27-2005 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
<ul type="square">[*]20,000 hands of NL100 by janurary 15 (back to school...)[*]get my wtsd% back around 55% (no, he wasnt bluffing a missed draw! [censored])[*]and then move up, as I should be well overrolled for the 200s after 20k more hands of nl100.[*]Come up with a decent system to track my sessions better, mostly for tax purposes (if I don't pay this year I'm definitely gonna have to pay next year)[*]learn the structure of the pt db so I can customize my own sql queries for my own analysis[/list]
[/ QUOTE ]

just get a bank account in switzerland, they're about $500 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]