Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   have freind with drug problem... it's really scaring me. help? info? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396596)

craig r 12-12-2005 03:52 AM

Re: have freind with drug problem... it\'s really scaring me. help? in

[ QUOTE ]
Happy Birthday

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you!

12-12-2005 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
call these people

[/ QUOTE ]
Funny you mention the Intervention show. They did a story on a guy who was a gambling addict. No less than a week after the show I see him at Hollywood Park with that crazed "I need action" look.

12-12-2005 03:56 AM

The problem with this is that "bottom" is very subjective. Some people can start noticing that they are spending too much money and decide to quit, while others are on the streets, no teeth, and sucking cck, and still think it could be worse.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]
Whats wrong with toothless cck sucking?
Actually very sad but true.

send_the_msg 12-12-2005 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
have the cops pick her up

[/ QUOTE ]

What will that do? She will go to jail for maybe a few days and then they will release her. Especially if it is her first offense (or even second or third); it isn't like she is a dealer.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

yup and when she does it again, then have em come again. maybe they'll beat some sense into her.

craig r 12-12-2005 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What will that do? She will go to jail for maybe a few days and then they will release her. Especially if it is her first offense (or even second or third); it isn't like she is a dealer.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

yup and when she does it again, then have em come again. second offense and maybe they'll beat some sense into her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that is a good idea. Even better maybe the OP should beat some sense into her and then call the cops. Or the OP can kill himself, the cops will think it was her, and then she will go to jail for murder.

Seriously, people go to prison for years and come back out and start using heroin/cock/crack/etc... again. If one is an addict, there really isn't anything the police can do about it.

craig

send_the_msg 12-12-2005 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

yup and when she does it again, then have em come again. second offense and maybe they'll beat some sense into her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that is a good idea. Even better maybe the OP should beat some sense into her and then call the cops. Or the OP can kill himself, the cops will think it was her, and then she will go to jail for murder.

Seriously, people go to prison for years and come back out and start using heroin/cock/crack/etc... again. If one is an addict, there really isn't anything the police can do about it.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

i could be wrong but i think police know how to deal with addicts, they have phone numbers to call. rotting away in a cell is probably more common for people that are [censored] up without drugs.

craig r 12-12-2005 04:12 AM

You are wrong. At least in major cities that is not how it works (I have no idea how it works in Mayberry). What makes you think police know how to deal with addicts? They know how to deal with them at the time, but not once they are sober. It isn't their job to help addicts recover.

Also, most cities, once you are sober you are out. Now, like I said, after the 3rd or 4th time, they might keep you in jail for a few weeks, but even then, what will that do.

Also, why do you equate "beating sense into her" and "police know how to deal with addicts"?

craig

garion888 12-12-2005 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If one is an addict, there really isn't anything anyone else can do about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

HB

astroglide 12-12-2005 04:17 AM

it's fine to post it here, but this is another one where the psych forum (which has actual psychologists in there somtimes) might have better answers.

tonypaladino 12-12-2005 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

i could be wrong but i think police know how to deal with addicts, they have phone numbers to call. rotting away in a cell is probably more common for people that are [censored] up without drugs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your ignorance astounds me.